Serial port (terminal) software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial port (terminal) software

Can anyone recommend a good free and lightweight terminal emulator? I've got a piece of equipment that talks over RS232 with a simple text interface. I do NOT need modem features and dialing directories, and figuring out how to get Hyperterminal to just let me connect to the device on the end of the serial port is a PITA. It's enough to set the baud rate and handshaking and go. The ability to send canned text strings would be a plus, so I could send common commands with a function key.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Serial port (terminal) software

I've used teraterm in the past... does most of the same stuff as hyperterm I guess.

It can send files as ascii or bin...

Plus it's Y2K compliant... which is nice. :p

Comment

Re: Serial port (terminal) software

I dug around and remembered this one:

http://realterm.sourceforge.net/

It's particularly suited to debugging communications issues, as it can show raw hex values color-coded to transmit and receive.
      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X