Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows 7: The Complete Guide (Now With RC1!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7: The Complete Guide (Now With RC1!)

Since we kind of moved on from the beta thread, figured I would post this in a new thread. It has tons of info with links to all their articles.

Windows 7: The Complete Guide (Now With RC1!)
    http://gizmodo.com/5150298/windows-7...e-now-with-rc1

Really does cover everything from A-Z.

I will say I read about so many people that have no problems with Win7, but I installed it multiple times and had major bluescreen crashes constantly. The first install went fine for like 8 hours, then constant crashes as soon as I booted. Formated and installed again a few times, and all the times I did I would get BSOD. Don't understand because like 99.9% of people arn't having problems like that. Guess it was my turn at bad luck :row__735:

Haven't given up though. This weekend instead of playing with 7 some more ended up installing XP again so I could install my ATI TV Wonder Pro and record some old VHS tapes to digital. What a freakin pain. Can't believe ATI didn't update some drivers for Vista.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Windows 7: The Complete Guide (Now With RC1!)

I had some problems with my windows 7. When I went to install my logitech 5000 webcam drivers it crashed my computer. The drivers corrupted my windows files and when I tried to log in I got a bunch of windows errors and my desk top failed to show up. I tried running in safe mode and deleting the drivers but widows said it was unable to delete drivers. Then I tried to manually delete the drivers installation folder but it reappeared when I restarted. Then I tried renaming the driver folder and editing the driver cfg file so that it wouldn't wouldn't work anymore. But that didn't do anything. then I tried rolling back to the night before. After rolling back windows checked for errors but found none so I figured problem solved. I was very wrong my computer was not rolled back at all and I was still having the error. So I was forced to reformat my computer. What an absolute waste of time. Aside from that pain in the a** experience my sound card is having issues with my microphone. My 3.5 pink in mic is detected by my computer however, when I talk into it nothing comes out. I have updated all my audio drivers. Ive also tried switching my default device to my sound card and that didn't work either. Does anyone have a solution?
    |TG-73rd|Socomseal
    |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

I just had to reinstall Win7 yesterday myself. I was also getting some bluescreen crashes. I didn't change anything hardware wise or even install new drivers for anything. So I don't really know what caused it.

Comment

Very nice. Windows 7 really looks good, but I don't plan on switching until everything (like punkbuster) is confirmed to work.

Comment

So far so good for me. First attempt at Win7 64bit didn't go so well, so I rebooted (simple solutions here) and it went just fine. I haven't had any real problems yet.
          BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

Ok so i'm thinking of trying 7 out & making a dual boot, but my question is is that my current setup is in raid 0. i've read up on how to create a dual boot, but found nothing on how to install 7 in raid 0. do i have to make a raid driver disk or will 7 automatically see & use my raid drive?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X