Best cooling options/i7 under $100

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best cooling options/i7 under $100

Any help here, I surfed around but have not been able to tell if there is a hands down winner that I should consider.

Re: Best cooling options/i7 under $100

I just got a Phenom II 3.2BE and am also curious regarding this, as the stock fan is loud for my likings, and doesn't seem to conduct heat well. I am personally looking at the Cooler Master Hyper N-520 (http://alienbabeltech.com/main/?p=2658). I do not have much experience with this stuff though.

Comment

I'm partial to my NH-U12P from Noctua. I've got the S775 version, but other than that, the 2 coolers are the same thing, other than the fact that this one comes with 2 NF-P12s for a push/pull configuration. Overall very quiet, and it performs extremely well. Noctua's warranty is pretty top notch as well, although I've not had to use it myself.
      Temps on my [email protected] 4Ghz [500x8, 1.34v] after 24 hours of full load topped out at about 55-56 degrees.
      It's Gaming
      Proud to have been a member of the 55th Infantry Division!

Comment

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835118046

Is what I have on my i7 920. Performs very well under the mild OC that I run. I suspect if you want raw performance there are better coolers. I personally prefer the Zalman's because they're much quieter.
        a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
        Celibacy is not Hereditary.
        Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
        Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
        Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Update: So I ended up going to my local store (I am very lucky they are in town, no big-box crap), and talked to the support crew. I told them I wasn't much into overclocking or anything, just wanted a replacement to the stock which hits 5500rpm (YIPES!). I ended up getting a Triton 85. Yes, there are better solutions, but 60$CDN I am out the door, my CPU is rocking, and I can hear my thoughts. I got my case open right now, all four cores maxed out @ 100% (thanks to prime-95) and its very quiet. Thank goodness. It's still audible, but once I close my P-180 case it will be perfect. The temps are also down about 10'C (case open). Edit: Ok, its only down a few 'C case closed, but at least it's not a blow dryer.

Took me about half an hour to install, but it takes me five minutes to install a lightbulb.. if you know what I mean. The i7 install is a bit harder because of the clips needed to be installed on the back of the motherboard. I believe this is for most, if not all coolers with the damn Intel chips anyways.

I am a happy shopper right now.

Comment

Just for anyone else looking, we did have a least one thread here before with a couple of links to reviews.
            Also, this one was just posted a couple days ago:

13 Intel Core i7 LGA 1366 CPU Coolers Compared

The $53.55 Titan Fenrir looks to be the winner in both price and cooling, so a win/win.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
              Just for anyone else looking, we did have a least one thread here before with a couple of links to reviews.
              Also, this one was just posted a couple days ago:

13 Intel Core i7 LGA 1366 CPU Coolers Compared

The $53.55 Titan Fenrir looks to be the winner in both price and cooling, so a win/win.
              Thanks Bambo, I leaning toward the cool it dominio just for its neatness and lack of weight. You see what the V10 weighs in at.

BTW mild oc'ing in mind. This will progress as the system gets older and the games get better.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X