Spam Pop Ups

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam Pop Ups

I just hooked up my old pc for my young girls and im having a problem with spam pop ups , every few minutes i get random adds coming on screen i have my pop up blocker on high yet i still get these adds . is their a free program that i can use to get rid of these viruses or trojans or whatever the hell they are ?

Re: Spam Pop Ups

Try Malwarebytes. It does a nice job.

Comment

If your using Internet Exploder, try using a good modern browser like Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Safari, or other. You will likely find your system less prone to virus' and such as well. Prevention is always better than trying to remove it.

As for removing the spyware Spybot and Ad-Aware are my favorites. Mind you, I haven't really had to use one in a long time, since I stopped using IE for day to day browsing. Unfortunately, I still have to use it in my profession.

Comment

If you're using the box just for web browsing and email, you could install Ubuntu or some similar end-user Linux. It's all but immune to popups, and doesn't require a lot of know-how to use.

Otherwise, use Firefox or some other non-MS browser.

You should probably re-install Windows to get rid of the infection. If it's less than XP SP2, don't connect it to the Internet directly. Use a home router to protect it from malware. (Experiments showed that pre-SP2 Windows gets infected in under 10 minutes when connected directly to the Internet, which is far shorter than the time it takes to download the needed patches.)
        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Install Avast anti-virus update the virus definitions after install, run a full scan(it may take some time) and it should find all the malware etc on your system, I installed this on a relatives p.c and it found 52 viruses, mostly adware etc and now they are pop-up free.
          Or as suggested re-install windows to be super sure.

Comment

Try to run from a bootable CD. Running any malware scan from Windows will NOT turn up rootkits. Rootkits are designed to hide themselves once they're running. The only way to keep them from running is to boot from separate media.

You could also install the drive in a USB enclosure and scan it from a second system. Make sure the second system has Autorun disabled so it doesn't get infected from an autorun trojan on the infected system. See the instructions at CERT for that. (Not all "disabling" really disables it, so make sure you use the technique that really does stop it cold.)
            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Great help guys thx !

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse