• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Vista SP2 is live, ready to download

Just a heads up:

Windows Vista SP2 is live, ready to download

and

Vista Service Pack 2 Available for Download

Personally, I'm going to give it a day or so and read some feedback to make sure it is all good. And for SURE!!!!!!!!, make sure you backup your important stuff before you install. Even if 99.9999% of people have no problem with it, you could be the one guy that does. It is worth the time it takes to backup everything you don't want to loose.

EDIT:
    Here is the changelog:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../dd335036.aspx

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Windows Vista SP2 is live, ready to download

I was about to reinstall XP, but I think I going to give a try to Vista Sp2. Thanks for the heads up bamboo.

PS: Can you check the headset topic below and give your input, please. I would appreciate it.
    sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

YES! Finally!

Downloading it now. Hopefully they really did fix that wireless bug. Will post back my results. :)
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

*sigh* Just got through SP2 install. Apparently it doesn't fix the wireless issue in Vista where the WLAN autoconfig process searches for a new network every 60 seconds. One piece of good news is that, apparently the VAL (Vista Anti-Lag) tool seems to work now that I have SP2 installed. So with that said, it's back to wired for me.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Obviously this is a manual download/update right?

Comment

for now it is a manual DL and install, I think it will come out over Update System in June
            Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Another poster over at OCN said that it was available through Windows Update already. I can't confirm since I've already installed it on this system (and too lazy to turn on the other ones).
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Vista SP 2 x86

Vista SP 2 x64

These are downloads to run yourself!

- -

Comment

I'm running Vista x64 with SP1. I'll probably wait a week before trying SP2. I don't like to be on "the foreskin of technology". (A phrase one of my customers used to use, and which is even farther out there than "the bleeding edge". :p) I prefer to be a bit behind the avant garde, letting them take the hits from early bugs. Once the kinks are mostly worked out, then I'll jump in.
                  Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I installed SP2 and personally it hasn't made any difference yet.

I'm not really sure what they did to the wireless but it must be very subtle.
                    Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                      *sigh* Just got through SP2 install. Apparently it doesn't fix the wireless issue in Vista where the WLAN autoconfig process searches for a new network every 60 seconds. One piece of good news is that, apparently the VAL (Vista Anti-Lag) tool seems to work now that I have SP2 installed. So with that said, it's back to wired for me.
                      .. and I'm pissed. I guess I'll give VAL another try. Just so you don't waste your time, the Win7 beta does the same damn thing. I'm assuming the pub release will do it too. If VAL doesn't do it, I'm going back to XP for the forseeable future. This is a dealbreaker for me.

|
                      |

Comment

Originally posted by A_Grounded_Pilot View Post
                        .. and I'm pissed. I guess I'll give VAL another try. Just so you don't waste your time, the Win7 beta does the same damn thing. I'm assuming the pub release will do it too. If VAL doesn't do it, I'm going back to XP for the forseeable future. This is a dealbreaker for me.
                        If VAL doesn't seem to work (test by doing this in command line: ping tacticalgamer.com -t (CTRL + C to stop it from pinging)), try this WLAN Optimizer tool.
                        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                        Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Seems ok, so far. I am not seeing anything on the surface to justify such a huge download.

I got a little frustrated trying o find a detailed change log. It would point me to a location, then point me a way, then back again. That was annoying!!!
                          "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Big C is there any change in the ram consumption?
                            sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge.PT View Post
                              Big C is there any change in the ram consumption?
                              I am currently on a laptop, but even with that there is no real difference.
                              "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X