X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malware Found On Brand-New Windows Netbook

http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?si...33231&from=rss

http://news.idg.no/cw/art.cfm?id=58E...59AE31EA733AAE

After discovering attack code on a brand new Windows XP netbook, antivirus vendor Kaspersky Labs warned users yesterday that they should scan virgin systems for malware before connecting them to the Internet.
    "The USB stick they used to install the drivers onto the machine was infected, and [it] then infected the machine," said Schouwenberg. Installed along with the worm was a rootkit and a password stealer that harvests log-in credentials for online games such as World of Warcraft.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Malware Found On Brand-New Windows Netbook

Goodness. Another thing to add to my list of things to do after purchasing a pre-built computer (the first thing using a read-only CD-ROM).

How did you come across this Scratch?
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
      How did you come across this Scratch?
      My teammates include web developers, tech support people, and an artilleryman in the Israeli Defense Force. You can chat with them here:

irc://eldergaming.org/eldergaming

We're always sharing links each day of interesting stuff we've found. I often share links to TG stories there, and post some links here.

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Sounds almost like a bunch of old timers sitting around having afternoon tea. ;)

I might just join you guys since you have now piqued my interest (maybe this weekend). :)
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
          Sounds almost like a bunch of old timers sitting around having afternoon tea. ;)

I might just join you guys since you have now piqued my interest (maybe this weekend). :)
          We idle there all day long while we work and play, but only look at the chat every few hours, so it's better just to connect and leave the IRC client running, and read back up the conversation when you do get a chance to check in.

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
            We idle there all day long while we work and play, but only look at the chat every few hours, so it's better just to connect and leave the IRC client running, and read back up the conversation when you do get a chance to check in.
            Okay. I'll do that.
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X