No announcement yet.

Who remembers this?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who remembers this?

I had a 300 baud (300 bit/sec) modem for my C=64 back in the day. What is amazing is the transfer of a character would be slow.
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Re: Who remembers this?

ha, thats cool

That's just awesome :) Had something similar on my Amiga 500 I think

Former E1st Heavyweight

That's really amazing! :) The oldest modem I've used is a 33.6 external box modem on a 486SX (was my Uncle's desktop running Windows 3.1).
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Wow... I'm honestly surprised that thing still works. Goes to show how quality has been replaced by quantity.

~ Draken

My first modem was a 2400 bps Zyxel, and I think I paid well over $100 for this top-of-the-line model, around 1980. It could even handle those new-fangled "fax" thingies.
            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed