Google Wave

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Wave

This has to be one of the craziest things I have seen in awhile. This could really change the way people do internet... (Opinion based on my small knowledge of the internet)

The video is long though but if you got some time watch it.

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/05/28...rom-google-io/

The hungry, ignorant man immediately grasps that he is handed a fish, but is bewildered when handed a net. The man who shivers in the cold thinks happily of the man who invites him to sit by his fire, and somewhat poorly of the man who loans him an axe, flint and steel.

Re: Google Wave

Yeah caught this on gizmodo yesterday but no video was up then, certainly looks interesting.

Comment

Interesting. The Google folks are not resting on thier Laurels are they. I look forward to what the next 12 months brings for this..

Until then.. GIVE ME FOLDERS FOR GMAIL PLEASE!!
      |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
      ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

there is a lab extension for that
        Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Fantastic! I can't wait!

Former E1st Heavyweight

Comment

Wow!
            The Old Guy
            kin3
            sigpic

Comment

great demo.... lots of uses I can see for this tech... maybe it will replacegmail.... (or at least integrate so seamlessly that gmail will look exactly like it)
              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
              The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

ya man i cant wait for this either..... a new way of thinking!!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

cool thing is that if you have an android-powered phone, you're going to be able to use wave from your phone. kinda sucks for all those people that went out and bought iphones considering theres rumored to be 19-25 android phones released on all of the major US and UK carriers before christmas.

Comment

I just don't get it. Why all the excitement over collaboration tools? Nothing there is new to see.

Maybe it is because Google is doing it people are getting excited?
                    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by Reaperassault View Post
                      there is a lab extension for that
                      Where? Do you have its name...I don't see it in google Labs... THX!
                      |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                      ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

hmm guess I'm thinking of greasemonkey script then http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/8810

even thought the built in label system works just the same as folders
                        Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                          cool thing is that if you have an android-powered phone, you're going to be able to use wave from your phone. kinda sucks for all those people that went out and bought iphones considering theres rumored to be 19-25 android phones released on all of the major US and UK carriers before christmas.
                          The guy was clearly using wave on an iPhone in the video.

Smells like the green eyed android again.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X