Phone solution...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone solution...

I've got an idea for an ideal phone solution and wanted to know if you guys have heard of anything like it.

Currently, I only have a cell phone and have two problems with it: (1) the connection isn't as good as a wired line, and (2) I don't have a wired phone number to give out to those people and organizations that I don't want to have the ability of getting a hold of me wherever I go.

The basic setup would be a wired phone and a cell phone that both have the same phone number. I'd like the following advanced options on choosing whether incoming calls are directed to the wired phone or the cell phone.

1. One-Button switch on the wired phone that routes all calls to the wired phone. (So when I'm at home all incoming calls are routed to the wired phone.)

2. Option to route incoming calls from registered numbers to the cell phone. If the incoming callers phone number isn't registered, it routes to the wired line.

3. Option for the caller to input a code that will route them to the cell phone even if the caller's phone number isn't registered. (Example. My girlfriend could enter "1234" during the voicemail message to direct the call to my cell phone even if she's calling from a phone not registered on the system.)

4. One voice mailbox for both phones.

Anybody seen anything like this? Anybody feel like inventing it?
    It's a game. Keep it real. Keep it fun.

-Keith

Re: Phone solution...

I have seen a wired-line phone that is your home phone and has a cell phone as part of the system (forewards the wired calls to the cell phone) or something like that (wasn't paying attention to the specifics)
    a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
    Celibacy is not Hereditary.
    Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
    Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

This is a service some of my coworkers have liked: link Your phone company may have some specialized call forwarding or ring tone settings that could be cheaper though.
      New to TG?

Comment

Wouldn't it be easier to just have two phone numbers like everyone else?
        Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Verizon's new iobi service can forward calls on the fly like that (or so I have read), so it might be worth looking into, if any of your service is with them.
          [volun2]
          NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
          Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
          <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
          <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

ok, my setup is kinda like what you want....
            I personally have 3 cell phones....

xx83 is business (also given out as a home number)
            xx92 is personal
            xx86 is work

now, I have a very nice phone for personal, so I want to use it all the time, but I don't want everyone to have that number..... the two others are freebies and worthless, but they get free incoming calls... I have put the 2 US cellular numbers on one freebie phone also, to keep down on the drug dealer look.

I forward calls from the business phone to my personal phone and just reject anonymous calls on my business number. the call rejection forwards the call to my business voicemail. on my personal phone, everythig is let through. so basically, everyone calls me on my "home" or business number and I choose if they go to voicemail and to which one they go.
            Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
            The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

I'm waiting for cellular services and cell phone makers to make a cell phone that can accept multiple phone numbers. I also have a biz phone and a personal phone... but don't want to carry two cell phones around.
              |TG-12th| asch
              sigpic

Comment

all three of my phones have the ability to be programmed with multiple numbers... the us cellular can hold 3 the cingular has 6. that is why I have both numbers from us cellular on one phone.
                Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Originally posted by asch
                  I'm waiting for cellular services and cell phone makers to make a cell phone that can accept multiple phone numbers. I also have a biz phone and a personal phone... but don't want to carry two cell phones around.
                  Man, cell phones have had that ability for years...
                  Become a supporting member!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                  TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X