Online fax service?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online fax service?

I don't have a fax machine, but I need the ability to send electronic documents to other people that do have fax machines.

Google turns up many, many sites, but I was wondering if anyone had used any of the free online fax service sites or knew of a site that compares services? I would rarely be needing this service, so free or per-fax pricing would be ideal for me.

Thanks.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: Online fax service?

I used these services about five years ago. efax.com comes to mind, though I can't remember which services I used, so I'm not sure WHY it comes to mind.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

SENDING faxes is something WinXP can do out of the box (though not usually be default; you might have to put your install disk in and choose "Add Services"). RECEIVING faxes is another issue.

I know that GoDaddy.com offers a fax-through-email solution (send and receive), but I don't know if its independent of their other services.
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
        SENDING faxes is something WinXP can do out of the box (though not usually be default; you might have to put your install disk in and choose "Add Services"). RECEIVING faxes is another issue.

I know that GoDaddy.com offers a fax-through-email solution (send and receive), but I don't know if its independent of their other services.
        Oh, I guess I should clarify that the reason I haven't just bought a fax machine is because there's only one phone jack in the house that I'm renting and it's in the master bedroom. There is no phone line connected to my computer, so I need this service to be available via my broadband internet access.

Efax.com has a monthly rate of $12.95, which is much more expensive than what I need...
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Another option, in case it's helpful.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...91332?v=glance

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
            Another option, in case it's helpful.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...91332?v=glance
            Nah... I only need to fax something about once a month. It's not worth the cost for the wireless jack and a fax machine.

I found a forum for online fax services.

It looks like $9.95 a year for www.trustfax.com

Or for free if I don't need to receive faxes at http://www.interfax.net/en/

I say free, but there's actually a $.10 per page cost with both services. I just didn't want a monthly subscription fee...
            Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Well, it wouldn't be the cost of the wireless jack and fax machine... if your computer has a modem, with that wireless hardware, the built in XP solution should work fine, yes?
              [volun2]
              Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
                Well, it wouldn't be the cost of the wireless jack and fax machine... if your computer has a modem, with that wireless hardware, the built in XP solution should work fine, yes?
                Ah, yes, that's true. But that wireless jack will cost more than a decade of online fax service, and I'm really hoping that I'm not in this house for that long...
                Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Ah... but the jack travels!

lol

Comment

I've been using a free version of this for awhile: http://www.j2.com/jconnect/twa/page/servicesOverview

I don't use it to send faxes, but I have it because my manager does and he sends me the e-mail faxes occasionaly. So, I don't know if you can actually send faxes for free or not, but it's worth checking out I suppose.

edit:
                    you CAN recieve faxes for free with this.
                    New to TG?

Comment

Originally posted by USN_Squid
                      I've been using a free version of this for awhile: http://www.j2.com/jconnect/twa/page/servicesOverview

I don't use it to send faxes, but I have it because my manager does and he sends me the e-mail faxes occasionaly. So, I don't know if you can actually send faxes for free or not, but it's worth checking out I suppose.

edit:
                      you CAN recieve faxes for free with this.
                      That's quite a bit more than I'm willing to pay. I want to be able to send faxes and they have a $15 monthly subscription fee...
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

How many faxes do you need to send / receive each month?
                        |TG-12th| asch
                        sigpic

Comment

can you not just plug in to the one jack in your house for a minute or two for the one time a month you fax something?
                          Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                          The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG=
                            can you not just plug in to the one jack in your house for a minute or two for the one time a month you fax something?
                            Y'know, it's amazing how sometimes it just takes a different perspective to point out the obvious...

Yes, with a long phone cord, I certainly could just plug my PC into the wall and actually use my computer to fax things. I've never done it before, is it pretty simple? I want to be able to fax an Excel worksheet with a coversheet...

Gonna go out and buy a 50ft phone cord tonight...
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

With the XP service set up, it shouldn't be any different than printing to a regular printer. I think under its "options" it even lets you set up a coversheet (it's been a while since I've used it, so forgive me for being vague).
                              [volun2]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X