Logitech's Force Feedback Flight System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logitech's Force Feedback Flight System

This looks like it might be a very good option for those that enjoy flying. Wonder it it is overkill for arma2?

Logitech's Force Feedback Flight System May Also Simulate Airsickness

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Logitech's Force Feedback Flight System

Might be a good setup for use in OF2 as well. I doubt it's overkill for ArmA2 if you love flight sims and have used some of the more expensive joysticks in the past.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Seems good, it's an alternative to the hotas and X52, it's nice to see the pedal rudder included.

EDIT: I've seen it as wheels for each trim!! Seems a very nice flight stick indeed, if the price drops I'll buy one for sure.

@Bamboo and Acreo Aeneas: It's overkill for arma2 and opf2, this joystick as features that only are available in flight sims (ex: Dual throttle, trims, rudder pedals, etc.)
      For arma2 and ofp2 you have cheaper joysticks.

My highlights on the specs:

# Three analog trim controls
      # Contactless X & Y positional sensor
      # Realistic rudder pedals with stainless steel treads
      # Toe brakes
      # Adjustable resistance control
      sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Absolutely fantastic!

Some really great ideas have been put into this system. Most of which have already been stated. However, just my .02 cents worth....

I'm loving the fact that it's a complete setup. No need to buy extra stuff. The toe brakes are welcome addition for sure. The contact-less pickups are a god send. Even the boys with the grail of flightsticks, Cougar, do mods to attain this. All of this and more plus force feedback??? Wow. Even at the current price, it's not a bad deal for a very good HOTAS flight "system".

Also forgot, looks like they are targeting the "sim" guys with this as it already has mounting holes for mounting to a "pit". :) Mmmm, tasty.

In the pursuit of... something.

Comment

Just saw Engadget got a little hands on time....
          http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/04/l...g940-hands-on/

In the pursuit of... something.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_JBRanger View Post
            Just saw Engadget got a little hands on time....
            http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/04/l...g940-hands-on/
            Thanks JBRanger.
            sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Mine just came in today. This is probably a little overkill for me since I'm a complete flight-sim newbie, but I figured this would be a fun way to get into. So far I like the hardware, but there is a problem. This is a force feedback stick, and Arma2 doesn't support FFB. I can configure all the controls to "work" with arma2 (even the rudder pedal), but without FFB, the joystick is completely limp. It doesn't auto-center, and there is absolutely no resistance. There are no options in the logitech software to turn on any kind of "generic" FFB resistance for games that don't support FFB. I just posted on the logitech forums asking for a solution, I'll let you guys know if I find one.

For the throttle, I had to run the current beta-patch to get analogue throttle controls to work. They DO work. Although for some reason, it doesn't seem centered. I have to push the throttle to about 80% to get the throttle to start accelerating at all in the game. I haven't found a way to fix this yet either.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X