Serious problem - need help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious problem - need help

Since about a week ago my computer is seriously screwed but I can't get to the root of the problem.

After about 15 - 30 minutes of use everything grinds to a halt and I get serious system lag, to the point of not being able to carry out any more tasks.

CPU is running between 38-40 degrees when it happens and also shows 100% load, even though I may have only been running IE for a few minutes before this happens. Task manager shows no strange processes running. I have tried a different CPU, different fan/heatsink combos but get the same problem, also tried system restore and a complete format.

As far as I can see all the other components are running fine. Memory is usually about 20% load at the time, frame rates are still high.

Asus A8N-SLI
    Geforce 6600GT
    A64 S939 3200+
    1024MB Corsair

I don't know what else to try, any help would be appreciated.

Re: Serious problem - need help

Have you tried switching out the memory?
    It's a game. Keep it real. Keep it fun.

-Keith

Comment

Your problem reminds me of a virus I once had in my MBR and in the System Restore points. I could reformat and reinstall, but I would have similar problems, to the point where it was taking 2-3 minutes to boot XP Media Center Edition up and running, when normal boot time is 30 seconds or less after post.

I thought hardware failure of various kinds, from the hard drive to memory, CPU, everything imaginable. The only thing that took care of the problem was a low level format (your drive may act sluggishly after this so be forewarned), then a format, followed by a FDISK/MBR on a write protected floppy disk, followed by a fresh flash of my BIOS.

I hope you aren't having a problem related to similar issues like I was having, it took me way too long to come up to that conclusion.

If its windows errors, I am the Grand Master Ninja Stealth Assassin of all my hardware and software. I can make anything crash, just by normal use. Some of my friends have come up with a benchmark system, called the grey benchmark. If I can crash it, it fails and is considered to be junk. There are not many things I have not been able to normally use and everything go haywire!!!!!!!!!!
      "There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who know binary and those who do not. "

Comment

Ah well, spent 100 on trying to solve it to no avail, only to run a free anti-virus check and find the problem there.

Me silly!

Comment

A reformat didn't fix a virus issue?

Can you please explain?
          It's a game. Keep it real. Keep it fun.

-Keith

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse