Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am upgrading my computer after 5 years...finally.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am upgrading my computer after 5 years...finally.

So my computer is failing and its time for a facelift. I have not been in the computer scene for many years but still like to play a few games. I didnt want to spend too much money but Newegg offered me 12 months same as cash which is hard to turn down. Ill have it paid for before that time is up. So I did a little research and this is my new build, what do you think?

OCZ 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333

CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V

Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz

MSI X58 Pro-E LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard

Acer X233Hbid Black 23" 5ms HDMI Full 1080P Widescreen LCD Monitor

Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s

EVGA 896-P3-1170-AR GeForce GTX 275 896MB 448-bit DDR3
    Meat Drapes
    -[OIJ]-
    Operation Infinite Justice... the worlds largest clan. Currently enjoying a membership of over 1,454,500+ . We game in every climb and place. If you want to play/become one of us... visit your nearest Armed Forces recruiting station. I bet we have games you have never even heard of. They will be glad to help you.

Re: I am upgrading my computer after 5 years...finally.

Wow, I don't think I could have put together a better build on a reasonable budget if I tried. That thing ought to scream!
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks, I suppose I should add that my reasonable budget ended up being $1200. Probably 3X what I would have wanted to spend. But I cant put a band-aid on what I have anymore.
      Meat Drapes
      -[OIJ]-
      Operation Infinite Justice... the worlds largest clan. Currently enjoying a membership of over 1,454,500+ . We game in every climb and place. If you want to play/become one of us... visit your nearest Armed Forces recruiting station. I bet we have games you have never even heard of. They will be glad to help you.

Comment

Make sure you get an aftermarket cooler for that i7 if you can.

Comment

Although I am envious of i7 performance, if you're looking to shave any money off your budget, you can put together a Phenom II system. Start with a Black Edition 955 and go from there :) Socket AM3 boards support DDR3, but if you go with a "stopgap" AM2+ board you can do DDR2-1066. Which is still a noticeable difference from DDR2-800.
          "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
          Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

I finally got it together. No problems hooking everything up. Old mid tower case has plenty of room for the HUGE video card.
            Spent the better part of three days trying to figure out why I could not get windows to load correctly.
            I had never used a service pack disk before, windows would just not work right without it. It did before... wonder why not now?

FL1Pmode: I see what you mean about the heatsink. Pretty cheap and feels like its barely hangin on. System runs at about 40-44c with a very modest overclock to 2.99GHz. So its not too bad. The fan blades on the heatsink fan are EXTREMELY SHARP. Ask me how I know!
            Meat Drapes
            -[OIJ]-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X