9800pro and CS:S

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9800pro and CS:S

Simple question for anyone that has a radeon 9800pro and half-life 2: Is this card fast enough to run half-life 2 and cs:source at 1280x1024 resolution? The processor should not be an issue.

Re: 9800pro and CS:S

I have a 9800 pro and run at 1280x1024 (lcd), and it runs very smooth even with some graphics options (AF, AA) turned on. I do have the 256mb model though.

Comment

i got a 128, and i have tried it at that resolution, and yes... it IAS powerful enough. Look around for the R60 core though, they can overclock much easier if you plan to OC

Comment

I'm looking at the 9800 pro all-in-wonder which is only the 128mb version, I believe. It is to drive a new 19 inch LCD at native res (hence the 1280x1024) and use the LCD to watch TV.

Sniper any idea how to tell which boards have which cores? Google is getting me nowhere.

Comment

I have a 9800 pro all-in-wonder. I run CS:S at 1280x1024 (lcd) and it works great.

Comment

I think some Sapphires do, but the only way to REALLY find out is to take off the heatsink (voids warrenty)

It really doesnt matter though, as I have an R50 core and mine runs just fine

Comment

Ok, thanks guys. I'll probably grab the aiw 9800 pro.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X