Another Monitor Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Monitor Question

So I am narrowing it my choices does, and I guess my biggest question is if I should go for a 1920 x 1080 in a 22" screen.

I use my computer for gaming, and graphics work Illustrator, Photoshop, flash. My concern is if a game runs at a max of 1680 x 1050, running it on a 1920x1080 monitor will but it out of its native res. How ever I assume the latest games coming out will support 1920x res. However you will need the computer to back it up, so far I have not had any trouble running any games at max. However my computer is two years old and I bet will be starting to show it's age soon. Also most programs/websites are not made for that res making menus and text very small on a 22" screen. I know there are options to make text and menus larger but they always seem to look a bit off, especially on websites. And can you even notice a difference in res between 1680x and 1920x on a 22" screen?

So should I consider a 1920x res screen, am I going to be missing something awesome by not getting it? I suppose I could jump up to a 24" that might make that res more effective. Oh ya one other thing to add this will be my main monitor, and I am going to keep my old one for dual monitor support.

Thanks!

Re: Another Monitor Question

I have a 24" and use it 1920 x 1200 and everything works nicely.
    The Old Guy
    kin3
    sigpic

Comment

On a 22" and above I believe you will notice a difference in resolution. However do make sure you have the hardware to use that resolution to the fullest. I have a gtx 275 and a phenom II 955 but I bought a 21" 1650*1050 resolution max because I want to game at that resolution with no slowdowns at all.

I have been using a 1440*900 resolution for almost 2 years now so even that is a big improvement for me.

Comment

"if a game runs at a max of 1680 x 1050"

Hack it to run the resolution you like.

Also, scaling should be optional. There should be no problem running the 1680 mode without scaling, it'd just have black filling the gap between the 1680 part and the edges.

Comment

hmm early this morning I was learning towards getting a 24" 1920x1200 but now I am thinking of 22" at 1680x1050. It would be nice to go with something bigger and better, but I do not feel it will be that much of a improvement in appearance. Plus 1680x1050 with bells and whistles turns on then 1920x1200 with graphics effects toned down...and certainly better than a 1920x1200 monitor running out of its native res.

The only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger on this one is the thought that a bigger screen might be nice...although sitting less than two feet away from the screen I am not sure bigger than 22" is necessary for games. It might be nice for graphics work, with the dual monitor setup I will not exactly be aching for sceenspace.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X