need an icore 7 MB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need an icore 7 MB

Looking for a low to mid priced board, for medium level OCing. Need crossfire capabilities.

Any advice? Currently looking at Asus PT6 Deluxe.

Re: need an icore 7 MB

Might as well look into the P6T normal. No need for the fancy stuff from the deluxe, as the basic one should more than enough IMO.

Comment

I would recommend either the ASUS PT6 normal or deluxe as well. TG-X C affine just built a new rig about 2 weeks ago with the deluxe and seems very happy. If not, go with a Gigabyte or DFI board.

Newegg has lots of good combo deals with the ASUS boards and what ever else you need like the CPU or RAM.

And all of those boards are going to have Crossfire and probably SLI.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I have the ASUS P6T Deluxe and I do believe it supports both SLI an Crossfire. Don't quote me though.

Comment

Thanks for this info.

Does anyone know the specific differences between the Asus Rampage II Gene and the PT6. I they have different onboard sound cards but could not see other major differences.

They are both the same price.

Comment

The Rampage is a Micro ATX size motherboard, while the PT6 is full size.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
              The Rampage is a Micro ATX size motherboard, while the PT6 is full size.
              So otherwise they are the same?

Comment

No, they can't be the same. The miniATX doesn't have enough room for all the connections and slots the full size board does. And some mid and full cases won't have the right attachment points for a mini.

What exactly are you trying to do here?

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Nothing special,

Just trying to build a powerful gaming rig.

Here is my specs thus far (bare with me from memory)

Case: Coolmaster (mid tower) 7___ (can't remember the exact model number) but it has 3 fans with the capacity for 5 or 6. Under $100 bucks

PSU: Corsair 750

HD: 2 WD Cavier (Black) 500gb hopefully in RAID 0 config (if I can figure it out)

Ram: 3x 2gb OCZ 1600 (icore intel ram--gimmic?)

Optical: 1 DVD RW (samson or pioneer) with laserscribe (gimmic?)

To be purchased:

GPU: Wish I could wait, but can't--searching for an ATI--4770, possibly adding another in crossfire later (or replace with a newer GPU as mid life upgrade). If I can't find the 4770, I will go with the 4850 :(. I like the idea of a 40nm board--as this will be the specs of all the new boards in anycase.

CPU: icore 7 920 (DO, if possible but not really into xtreme OCing and so not sure this is an issue)

CPU Cooler: Coolit Domino, mainly for the neatness--not a fan of monster truck sized coolers.

MB: ??? leaning toward the PT6 (won't buy the microATX BTW)
                  or the EVGA SLI LE (but I read that this board has PCIe slot limitations?? 16 x 8 x 8 or something)

In a motherboard, I'm looking for a low to mid price board, ideally with idiot proof OC software. I'd be happy with 3.8 mghz. Open to other brands, but get overwhelmed trying to compare all the specs and figured I'd go with a MB that people recommend.

I was planning to build this over summer, but my current rig has gone haywire with all the USB plugs randomingly failing and my GPU crashing to a rainbow screen on occasion. The system is a 939 config with AGP and so it deserves to be reformated and consigned to the kids. The good thing is when your rig is crashing all the time, it is easy to justify the purchase to your wife.:)

BTW: main games are ARMA 2 (when it is release in NA) and OPF2 and MS X and any other cool flight sims or tank sims on the horizon.

I am planning to go with Windows 7 (64 bit) but am concerned about basic softwear compatibility (MS Office) and looking at Open Office as a possible solution.

Any feed back would be welcome.

Comment

Well just picked up my i7 920 DO and had settled on the PT6, but they were sold out.

Comment

the foxconn bloodrage and flamming balde boards are both good

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X