No announcement yet.

Arma 2?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arma 2?

Hey guys, I'll be getting some cash at the end of the month and Arma 2 caught my eye. But thing is though, websites say its near impossible to get good performance. I was wondering about you people who have the game already if its that hard to run.

my specs:
    GPU: 2x 8800GT's in SLI
    RAM: 2Gb (I know, I need more RAM :( )

Let me know if you need anymore info.

Re: Arma 2?

ARMA will never run like Unreal or BF2 etc... It will run like ARMA runs.. So performance is based on what you think ARMA 2 should run like.. and it runs on my Average Card (9600GT) like I expect it to... Start Jacking up the settings (and mine are almost on high)..and like all will see a slow down..

But For ARMA runs like I expect it to....
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder where did I put my keys?

Originally posted by ArmA2 Wiki
      Minimal PC Requirements

* CPU: Dual Core Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz / Intel Core 2.0 GHz / AMD Athlon 3200+ or faster
      * RAM: 1 GB
      * Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 / ATI Radeon 1800 with Shader Model 3 and 256 MB VRAM or faster

Optimal PC Requirements

* CPU: Intel Core 2.8 GHz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or faster
      * RAM: 2 GB
      * Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT / ATI Radeon 4850 with Shader Model 3 and 512 MB VRAM or faster
      Going off of the ArmA 2 minimum and recommended requirements, it should run fine on your system.

Like Peardog said, it does depends on what you want out of the game. If you want all of the eye candy, particle effects, dynamics, real-time this/that, and far draw distance, then you'd need a pretty high-end system to even get near that. Otherwise, if you're happy with how it runs now, then you're fine.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

You really should check out our threads about this subject in the arma2 forums:
        Armed Assault - Armed Assault 2 Discussion

Going to be able to find some really good answers.
        Short answer is you just need a bit more RAM, and that will partly depend on what OS you are running. And we aren't completly sure how ARMA2 is going to handle SLI yet.

And welcome to Tactical Gamer forums Cody. If you have any questions, lots of people here to help.

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Alright thanks guys, I'm also using Windows Vista. I will probably want to run it with settings that look decent like normal/high but Draw distance doesn't matter much to me.

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed