want to completely wipe my HD (vista)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• want to completely wipe my HD (vista)

Vistas stopped working (cries) if anyone knows hotw i can wipe my HD completely to start again id be thankful (ive tried formatting but it says i cant format my boot partition, even though i booted on a second one?)
    Im really clueless about computers, i can follow guides through folders but other than that i only know where stuff is in my :C.

The reason i want to do this is that windows explorer keeps crashing randomly, and any time i run any setup to install anything windows explorer (and the setup) crahes.

If anyone knows how i can simply wipe my drive or provide a better solution ill be deeply thankful.
    CryWolf
    |TG-XV|CryWolf

Thanks for the sig Bandaid (look at how well made my avatar is!)

Re: want to completely wipe my HD (vista)

When you reformat, you can't do it while logged into Windows. You have to pop in your Vista DVD into the drive, reboot, and wait for Setup to start. Then and only then can you delete your partitions, create new ones, and start reinstalling Vista.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
    X