Xfx

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xfx

Anyone know of any issues with this company?

I've settled on what I want, last thing is the GPU, which I will probably go with XFX, but I just want to know if they have a bad track record or anything, I haven't been able to find any on the internet but I did only look for like 7 or 8 minutes.

Also settled on this PSU instead:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...23&subcat=1084

The Unofficial PSU Ranking as well as some online reviews told me the one I'd decided on was not nearly as capable as this one.
    Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

Re: Xfx

XFX is probably one of the best card makers out there great warranty there rite after EVGA and there warranty and step up program

Comment

Wow, really? Awesome, many thanks man.

Comment

The last 4 cards that I have used in my systems have been XFX. I had an issue with the fan on one of the 9800GTs, but a quick message to XFX and they okayed the RMA before I had even asked for one.
        Customer service is top notch, and they have one of the best warranties out there.
        Cheers,
        It's Gaming
        Proud to have been a member of the 55th Infantry Division!

Comment

If you go with XFX, be VERY VERY sure to register your card with them immediately after purchase. The standard warranty they offer right now is 12 months, but a lot of the cards get a lifetime warranty if they're registered within 30 days of purchase.

My GeForce 8600 died after 15 months, but I bought it when the warranty was 2 years. I have to say, the warranty repair went smoothly so far; despite all the contact being via XFX's ticket system and my never getting to speak to a human being, there were no problems at all. I'm getting the replacement today, so I'll let you know how good an actual job they did.
          Edit: Actually, be sure to register your card with the manufacturer no matter who you buy it from. The whole "longer warranty only if you register" thing seems to be a new pattern for all of them. I saw one offer something like 90-day warranty only without registration.

Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
          --BlackMirror
          <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
          Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
          --Blackraven93

Comment

Originally posted by Cheburash View Post
            If you go with XFX, be VERY VERY sure to register your card with them immediately after purchase. The standard warranty they offer right now is 12 months, but a lot of the cards get a lifetime warranty if they're registered within 30 days of purchase.

My GeForce 8600 died after 15 months, but I bought it when the warranty was 2 years. I have to say, the warranty repair went smoothly so far; despite all the contact being via XFX's ticket system and my never getting to speak to a human being, there were no problems at all. I'm getting the replacement today, so I'll let you know how good an actual job they did.
            Edit: Actually, be sure to register your card with the manufacturer no matter who you buy it from. The whole "longer warranty only if you register" thing seems to be a new pattern for all of them. I saw one offer something like 90-day warranty only without registration.
            Awesome advice, I'll keep it in mind.

Comment

I don't know about your experience Cheb, but was your RMA approved within 4 minutes like mine?
              I just got the RMAed card back yesterday, and everything went fine. No issues other than I didn't catch Fedex on the first delivery.
              :row__573:
              It's Gaming
              Proud to have been a member of the 55th Infantry Division!

Comment

Not quite that good, took about a day of back and forth. But after that, no trouble whatsoever. Almost a shame it got approved though, I could've used an excuse to go up a rung in my video cards :)

Of course now that I need a new heatsink instead of the POS Intel sold me, I'm much happier about the RMA.

--BlackMirror
                <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
                --Blackraven93

Comment

Finally opened and installed the card. The replacement for my 8600 GT 512MB was not identical but a 9500 GT 512MB. Despite the numerical difference, the new card is slightly (emphasis on "slightly") better. It's working fine and I'm quite happy with the service.

Plus, I shipped it UPS Ground to the California HQ, which took 5 business days. They shipped it back FedEx 3 day. The extra-speedy return was much appreciated. Reiterating my "go with XFX."

--BlackMirror
                  --Blackraven93

Comment

its not better its actualy the 8600 GT 512mb rebranded... lol

9500 gt= 8600 gt
                    9600 gso = 8800 gs
                    9600 gt = is brand new
                    9800 gt = 8800 gt
                    9800 gtx = 8800 GTS G92

and now there not even called 9XXX series

there GT/s/x series cards dumb nvidia and there confusing name schemes

Comment

Originally posted by Cotton926 View Post

9500 gt= 8600 gt
                      9600 gso = 8800 gs
                      9600 gt = is brand new
                      9800 gt = 8800 gt
                      9800 gtx = 8800 GTS G92

Ehh all I know is that the gtx 295 is the top end and the gtx 260 is on the lower end of the spectrum of nvidia's most powerful cards. Mine falls right in the middle :D (gtx 275)

Comment

9500 gt= 8600 gt
                        9600 gso = 8800 gs
                        9600 gt = is brand new
                        9800 gt = 8800 gt
                        9800 gtx = 8800 GTS G92

False. The 8600 GT is significantly different in technology, if not performance. To start with, it's a 65nm fab to the 8xxx series 80nm. The memory is slightly faster (1000 MHz to the 8600's 800 for the GDDR2 model or 1600 to 1400 with GDDR3). The difference in core clock speed is also not huge, but is definitely there: 550 MHz for the 9500 to the 8600's 540.

They may be similar in performance, but they are definitely not the same card rebranded.
                        Last edited by Cheburash; 06-18-2009, 11:45 PM. Reason: Missed a word.

--BlackMirror
                        --Blackraven93

Comment

False. The 8600 GT is significantly different in technology, if not performance. To start with, it's a 65nm fab to the 8xxx series 80nm. The memory is slightly faster (1000 MHz to the 8600's 800 for the GDDR2 model or 1600 to 1400 with GDDR3). The difference in core clock speed is also not huge, but is definitely there: 550 MHz for the 9500 to the 8600's 540.

They may be similar in performance, but they are definitely not the same card rebranded.

"GeForce 9500 GT pretty much is the GeForce 8600 GT yet made under a smaller 65nm fab. " - guru3d

same card, die shrinked and rebranded.

Comment

"GeForce 9500 GT pretty much is the GeForce 8600 GT yet made under a smaller 65nm fab. " - guru3d

same card, die shrinked and rebranded.
                            ..or not.

I never said the difference was huge. But you may want to reexamine the notion that "die shrink" is an easy, or cheap, process. It's not as if NVIDIA went "we'll do everything just like in the 8600, but smaller!"

--BlackMirror
                            --Blackraven93

Comment

its just a slightly overclocked 8600 gt its the same card... lol OC a 8600 gt to those speeds and it will do the same... it just come stock instaid of it saying

8600 GT OC edition

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X