Risky ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Risky ?

Is this worth it ? Not knowing, I'll ask those of you that may know more about it. The monitor I'm using now was factory reconditioned, 19" for 99$, and it's starting to get a bit fuzzy after 3 yrs. Time for a "new" one, this looked like a great idea....

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...CCODE=WEM863CV

Re: Risky ?

Nice monitor size, 22", but a native resolution of 1600x1200 is gonna look ugly. I've got a flat CRT 19" monitor with a native resolution of 1600x1200, so that's normal. But a 22" monitor with the native resolution of a 19" won't look as good. Good price though, so maybe it won't matter much to you about the "blown-up" feel 1600x1200 resolution might show you on that monitor. My dad's got a 21" which has a native resolution at 1920x1440, which is normal I'd assume as well, it's a couple years old I think but works great....

However, it looks like it's a decent monitor, and after doing a quick check to see what a 20" CRT retails these days, the price is awesome. Image quality is OK, 27mm dot pitch (how close each pixel is from one another, lower is better and most good monitors are at .25mm and below), but for the price you're getting it at I'd go for it if you want a big screen.

You're essentially getting a 22" monitor (20" viewable) at a 19" monitor price, but the image quality will be slightly worse. Your call I guess.

Comment

For an extra $100.... holy s**t, they're on sale! $249
      http://atlantamonitors.com/pd_22.cfm

These are refurbished Gateways. They say Gateway on the front. I don't care.
      Max resolution = [email protected] [email protected]
      Dot Pitch = 0.24 mm
      Tube = 22" Mitsubishi Diamondtron FLAT Aperture Grille

You can google for "22" FLAT MITSUBISHI Diamond Pro 2060u", or any facsimile thereof, for more.
      I've had one for a little over a year and we bought one for my dad for Christmas.
      Love it! Really!

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Comment

Meh...I'll do a bit more research before I drop any $$....unless the current monitor goes KaPlunk first....

Thanks guys :)

Comment

Tigerdirect is an iffy vendor...a lot of people say they never had a problem with them, a lot of people say they have only had problems.

http://www.bensbargains.net

is the place to find great deals on all sorts of electronics...check there first.

Comment

Thanks for the link :) I got my system from Tiger,(No complaints here) there's a Systemax(part of the Tiger family) factory a few miles from here...used to have a public overstock/outlet store, but it closed a while back....dang...I miss that....

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X