Dual Monitor Config

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Monitor Config

So I was set on getting a 22" at 1680 x 1050 but after going to the store seeing the 23"+ at 1920x1080 look really sweet. My only concern about those is running games at that high of a res.
    So my question is can I run games on my current monitor, which will be monitor #2 in the dual setup so I can run at 1680 x 1050?

Thanks

Re: Dual Monitor Config

Yes you can control which monitor is used for games. As you mention, there would be a performance hit for the higher resolution, but you would have the option of using either or.

Ultramon is a commonly used program to enhance Windows dual screen capabilities, and provides some very nice additions, and configuration options.

Comment

For the sake of practicality, you'll probably only use one of the two monitors when you fire up a game, unless you're playing something like Flight Sim or something. I have 2 monitors, and the benefit usually comes in when I'm doing actual work and have to have a browser, MS Word, Excel, explorer, and whatever other applications open. Its also just nice for everyday use if you want to have your browser on one side and whatever else on the other.

I use DisplayFusion to manage my wallpapers on the dual monitor setup.
      "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
      He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

thanks for the two links i might try it out...
        If you show your head then your dead....

Comment

I set my widescreen monitor as the primary monitor so games default to that screen. I've moved the Windows taskbar to the secondary monitor and also use Ultramon to control which monitor apps start in.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Sweet thanks for the help, Think I am going to go for the higher res...it looks nice, and if I have trouble running stuff I can switch monitors.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X