Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone OS 3.0 release today

Just a quick reminder to all the iphone users here:

Stop hitting F5, iPhone OS 3.0 release still hours away?

Should get released sometime today. I will probably wait till tomorrow to make sure their isn't some kind of massive problems people are having, but can't wait to try out all the new stuff.

Here is just some of the new things:
    http://www.apple.com/iphone/softwareupdate/

Ipod touch folks can get it too, but I think it costs like $10.

Anyone else looking forwards to getting it?

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: iPhone OS 3.0 release today

I am, but may wait until tomorrow as well, to see how the jailbreak thing goes. I just want to keep my video camera on my 3G....

Comment

Remember to back up your phone before you do the 3.0 update. I actually had a major problem with the last update, and my phone looked like it was bricked for about 10 mins. After a couple of hard reboots, where it deletes everything on the phone to factory settings, it came back, but I hadn't backed my phone up in a while.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

As of now. Jailbreak will not work with itunes 8.2. Must use 8.1. I'm not going to wait, the beta has been out for a while, jailbreak should work no problem. I wonder what time they are going to release it.

Comment

Hmmm, I am getting this......

Stupid thing is I AM connected, to steam, xfire, TS, so whats that about? Also, if I connect to the app store or itunes store, it is instant....
          Last edited by Jeepo; 06-17-2009, 12:37 PM.

Comment

**Fixed**

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1814

Was bloody close to doing a full reinstall.....

Comment

I thought the JB would have been out by now. Oh well. Most of the JB apps don't work on 3.0 anywayz. So I will wait.

Comment

I got a similar - but more useful - message on my Macbook: "Activation server could not be contacted because it is down" ... or simply overloaded with everybody trying to update their toys :)

I re-tried a few times and after 15 minutes it worked.
                former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

Originally posted by Hambergler View Post
                  I thought the JB would have been out by now. Oh well. Most of the JB apps don't work on 3.0 anywayz. So I will wait.
                  Well, it has already been confirmed that 3.0 has been jailbroken, just waiting for the release....

Comment

Originally posted by Hambergler View Post
                    If you read the blog of the group that has been developing and releasing the Jailbreak utilities, they make it clear that the Jailbreak is updated and works for iPhone 3.0. They also make it clear that they are not going to release it until Friday, which is when the Iphone 3GS will be in stores. They do not want to give Apple a window to fix the vector window which allows them to JB the iPhone 3.0 software.

Their quote:
                    Thatís not how cat & mouse is played :) Thatís how the cat gets fed.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Mmmmmmm Friday...it will be a slow 2 days

Comment

Couple of updates:

iPhone OS 3.0 now available

How's the iPhone OS 3.0 upgrade going for you?

Seems some are having a problem:

So now that the iPhone 3.0 launch is in full swing, we're wondering how it's going out there. Team Engadget appears to have made it through without any problems, but we're hearing sporadic reports of Apple's iTunes activation servers being slammed and potentially some kind of IE security certificate problem on Windows, which is leaving a few people with unusable phones while things get sorted out. Everything work out okay for you?

Update:
                        still more:

What Do You Think Of iPhone OS 3.0?

iPhone OS 3.0 Software Review: What To Expect

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I have to admit I DO miss my jailbreak, but my 3G certainly performs faster with 3.0, not sure if that is due to either the 3.0 software, or the fact that with no jailbreak running constantly there is more free memory. Either way, I am quite happy. Copy paste is tricky, but I will get it. I LOVE the streaming to my bluetooth headset. Here is what I have, and god do they rock, as well as having a mic that I use for my PS3 and obviously phone.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-DRBT21G-S.../dp/B000PCCLPA

Comment

Damonte and Mrs. Damonte both updated their iPhones to 3.0 tonight. Neither of them were jailbroken before, and a noticable performance improvement was seen.

Looking forward to Friday. Supposedly, the jailbreak allows one to activate MMS messaging even though AT&T isn't allowing it on non-JB iPhones yet.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Just posted:

How to tether your iPhone running OS 3.0 without jailbreaking, for free

and

How To Enable Tethering and MMS on iPhone 3.0: A Duet

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X