Cold boot problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold boot problem

Finally upgraded late last month and the new build has started giving me problems in the last week. When I turn it on now, I get power and HDD lights, CPU fan, etc, but the video card fan doesn't spin and the monitor acts as if power to the machine is off. After five minutes (clocked this morning), the vid card fan spins, POST, beeps, and the machine starts up. I can shut down, (as this morning), reconnect HDD, DVD, replace the two DIMMs that I took out, power up, boots normally, i.e. immediate POST. Furthermore, the machine performs normally once booted: I was on the ArmA servers last night on it and got several suggestions via TS. Seems to happen off of a cold boot, where the machine has been sitting for a while.

System specs:

Asus P6T deluxe v2 motherboard
    i7 920
    6GB (3 x 2GB) PC3-10666 1333MHz 240-Pin DDR3
    EVGA GTX260 w/ 896GB
    Power & Cooling 750W PSU, SLI, I've tried different PCI-E plugs, to no avail.

I'm stumped and neither the ASUS forums nor the EVGA forums have been helpful yet. Any ideas?

-BoD
    BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Re: Cold boot problem

I'm tempted to say PSU, but if that were the case I'd think that it wouldn't work at all. You have any replacement parts you can throw in and test?

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

No, sorry - the old machine is old enough that the only parts compatible are the HDDs.
      BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

...and now it's booting normally. I have no idea what is going on here, but I suspect that it may not be the video card.
        BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...