Sure is chilly in there...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sure is chilly in there...

You can consider this an official recommendation in favour of the Vigor Monsoon III LT. I was having extensive heat issues that began shortly after the death of my video card, and I eventually discovered the reason: While the stock Intel heatsink and fan were functioning fine, the POC connectors holding the heatsink against the motherboard and CPU had come loose, resulting in the heatsink dissipating a whole lot of nothing at all.

Enter the Monsoon. Let me tell you, the thing is huge -- my motherboard looks like it has sprouted a small building. With two fans dissipating the heat off of four copper heat pipes, my tower has acquired a dull roar, but the results...

CoreTemp was previously showing me as riding the 67C-71C range when under load. If I pushed things too hard, I'd have overheating-induced shutdowns. Every once in a while the machine would halt as the overheating CPU stepped itself down.

I'm currently sitting at 20C under load. Looks like I paid just about $1 for every degree (C) of temp decrease. I think it's time to see just how high I can push the BF2142 settings now... (or possibly open another 100 tabs in Firefox).

Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
    --BlackMirror
    <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
    Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
    --Blackraven93

Re: Sure is chilly in there...

If your trying to max it out use Prime95'

http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=103

Comment

Or leave it folding:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...-research.html
      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post

Already on it, though with a different group.

Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
        --BlackMirror
        <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
        Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
        --Blackraven93

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X