*SICK DEAL* for dell laptops

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *SICK DEAL* for dell laptops

$800 off any inspiron laptop $2000 or more.
    $600 off any inspiron laptop $1600 or more.
    $500 off any inspiron laptop $1500 or more.

http://www.gottadeal.com/dell.php for the coupons (also on other items)

limited availability.
    Im going off to college so I got this machine...

17" WUXGA+ screen, 1.6Ghz P4M , 1Gb DDR RAM, 80GB hard drive, 256Mb GeForce Go 6800, 1x6 cell battery, 1x9 cell battery - ~$1700 total.

Other great deals on the site for dell products.

Re: *SICK DEAL* for dell laptops

You mean you bought Dell's gaming lappy for $1700?
    That IS a sick deal.

Comment

I got the 9300. I don't think it applies to the xps2..

Comment

Holy crap, they have a mobile Geforce 6800 256mb!?!

Awesome deal too, but that P4 seems a bit on the slow side for the components you're getting. Must weigh like 18 pounds =D

But as far as gaming goes, I'm gonna leave that to a desktop. A light Centrino laptop with a decent vid card, DVD burner, 512 mb RAM and maybe a screen bigger than 15.4" is just fine. Those "desktop replacements" weigh a ton and get really crappy batt life, but I see you bought another battery so that shouldn't be too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkWombat
          Holy crap, they have a mobile Geforce 6800 256mb!?!

Awesome deal too, but that P4 seems a bit on the slow side for the components you're getting. Must weigh like 18 pounds =D

But as far as gaming goes, I'm gonna leave that to a desktop. A light Centrino laptop with a decent vid card, DVD burner, 512 mb RAM and maybe a screen bigger than 15.4" is just fine. Those "desktop replacements" weigh a ton and get really crappy batt life, but I see you bought another battery so that shouldn't be too bad.

It's a P4 Mobile... the new model of CPU for laptops that's taking the place of the Centrino.

I do believe you can double the CPU speed to get the equiv. desktop P4 speed, which means he bought something similar to a 3.2 GHz P4.

Comment

Originally posted by ImJustMito
            It's a P4 Mobile... the new model of CPU for laptops that's taking the place of the Centrino.

I do believe you can double the CPU speed to get the equiv. desktop P4 speed, which means he bought something similar to a 3.2 GHz P4.

no.

the centrino and the p4 mobile are both curent and viable intel cpu lines... the mobile p4 is closer to being on line with a similar speed athlon... a 1.5 ghz AMD (a 2000+) and a 1.5 hgz mobile p4 perform ~ the same.... a 1.5 ghz p4 mobile is like a 2200+ AMD. they are close.........
            Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
            The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

The weight is 7.9 pounds. I am not sure if that is for the 6 or 9 cell battery so taking into account the nine cell the entire laptop should be less than 9 pounds.

The processor is a bit weak for everything else, but benchmarks prove the system quite capable of playing doom3 on ultra high settings 1280x1024 with average fps of 60.4 on a 1.6Ghz centrino. I am more than content with that. I will post the settings I run my games at to be comfortable (at least an average fps of 70, with dips NEVER below 40 fps is where I consider myself comfortable).

Basically im going to Carnegie Melon either thier CIT or CS college (i got admitted to both) and need an all purpose machine. This gives great battery life, a great price, and excellent gaming performance. The only thing lacking is pure processing power, but the only major projects that I need to use cycles for is converting my entire CD collection to Monkey's Audio, which will be batch processed with a script that only uses free cycles, and only when I'm plugged in. (Think [email protected] minus the life saving cures).

I am not saying the laptop is without its flaws, but it is perfect for me. Just trying to pass along the great deal to TG. BTW there are other deals on the site http://dell.gottadeal.com that pertain to other dell equipment, but it just seemed that this was the best bang for your buck.

Consider this setup on the 9300 if you aren't convinced:
              1.73Ghz, 17", 60Gb HD, 6800 Go, 512Mb DDR2 ram, CDRW/DVDROM combo drive
              total: $1206

My setup isn't as optimal, but I jumped on the deal to make sure it didn't die quick:
              1.6Ghz, 17" UXGA+,80Gb,6800 Go, 1GB DDR2, DVD+-R Dual Layer, 9cell additional battery
              total: $1690

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X