Question about my system & WIN7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about my system & WIN7

I have a UAbit Fatal1ty FP-IN9 SLI nForce 650i SLI motherboard. I want to upgrade my OS to WIN7 when it comes out. So here is my question, uabit does not have driver updates for WIN7, but a link to nvidia does and here it is:
    nForce Driver
    Version: 15.35
    Release Date: May 11, 2009
    Operating System: Windows 7 64-Bit
    Language: U.S. English
    File Size: 41.6 MB

Windows 7 64-bit Driver Versions:
    Ethernet Driver (v73.06) WHQL
    Network Management Tools (v73.05) "Sedona"
    SATAIDE Driver (v11.1.0.23) WHQL
    SATARAID Driver (v11.1.0.23) WHQL
    RAIDTOOL Application (v11.1.0.23)
    SMU Driver (v1.67) WHQL
    Installer (v7.01)

Is this all I need to get to get my MoBo ready for WIN7, or do I need drivers for my intel processor and realtek audio drivers?

My current system is the above MoBo
    Intel Q6600 processor
    NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT vid card
    4GB Corsair Memory XMS2 4GB DDR2-800 (PC-6400)
    2x Western Digital Caviar SE16 320GB 7,200RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive in RAID 0

Re: Question about my system & WIN7

I also have an Abit motherboard and everything got installed automatically through the installation. Any Vista driver should work with Win7 I'm guessing. Unless your hardware is really obscure, you shouldn't have a problem.

Comment

jmaker you're saying when you installed the WIN7 RC all your MoBo drivers got installed automatically? I'm still using WIN XP.

Comment

Yes that's what I'm saying. Just go into your device manager and see if everything is installed. I think the only drivers I installed myself were the newest Radeon drivers and the newest Creative Xfi drivers.

Comment

Well here is an update for ya. I got WIN7 installed and everything was working great. That is until I downloaded and installed some updates from microsoft for it. Now NO keyboard or mouse will work, so I can't log in. The keyboard will work in the BIOS but it will not work to select and reformat my HDDs. I can not even boot from CD, when it asks to press any key to begin the keyboard won't work and it then goes to the option for safe mode or regular mode, keyboard still won't work so it puts me to log in screen. But like I said nothing will work so it just sits there. ANY SUGGESTIONS, PLEASE?!?!?!?!?!?

Comment

What kind of keyboard and mouse are you using? USB? PS/2? Try to unplug and re-plug. Start in safe mode. Try another keyboard. Plug it in somewhere else...

Comment

I'm using a microsoft USB ergonomic keyboard and a kinsington wireless mouse, i tried all that marstein and it never worked. I was somehow able to get them to work long enough to reformat my hard drives and start all over. so far everything is working ok, even got PR to load and play. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Comment

If it happens again, try it with a wired mouse and keyboard and see how it works.

There's a lot of reasons why I don't like using wireless KBs and mice for day to day use...
                "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
                Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

only the mouse is wireless, and i did try it with my girlfriends regular wired KB & mouse, still nothing, very strange that it happened.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X