Case Comparison: Antec P182 vs. P183

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case Comparison: Antec P182 vs. P183

Most here know my love for my Antec p182 case, and I recommend it to most of the people I help with new builds. So I was really interested when news of the new p183 case came up. Then I saw it. Not really a fan of the new looks. :row__735:

But I was really interested to see if the 183 performed better, so was happy to read this article. They even used a thermal camera to show heat :icon_eek:

Too bad there is no clear winner, so I am still going to suggest someone picks whichever looks better to them. I do like how they changed the bottom wind tunnel on the p183 though by moving the fan to the very front. I don't have to change out harddrives very often, but that would make it a lot easier.

Case Comparison: Antec P182 vs. P183

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Case Comparison: Antec P182 vs. P183

I have a P180 and I love it. It's just so sexy. It was the first case I decided to test out a casemod on (yes..i know..) so now it only has 1 side BUT I painted it a pretty darkish blood red.
    I dont like the new look of the front grills on the 183 but it looks like it will be less noisy as these grills drag a lot of air across them.
    The PSU cage looks easier to work with too.

Comment

I love my P182.

The only things I like better about the 183 is the placement of the HD compartment fan and the removal of the PSU brace.

Comment

I have the 182 SE (The Mirrored one) and have to say it's a beast... GREAT case, Solid etc. The only "FLAW" is the lack of wheels... I have it on a carpeted surface and I had to pull it out the other day and in doing so broke one of the plasic Door hinges..OUCH!! so no more Door on the thing (I never used it..but it was nice know int was there..) Maybea Better/non plastic hinge design would be my only suggestion.. but she took my new PNY Nvidia 260 card like a champ.. It's huge...
        |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
        ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Same here with the door hating. It looks like something from the new transformer movie.
          I have thought about hacking my case some too. They sell a special spray paint that looks like hammered metal, and I thought about painting it the same color gray or even black. Have also thought about doing a hammered metal black stincle of some bamboo on the side.
          I used the metal look spray paint on my old gateway case and painted it green. It turned out looking good.

@peardog,
          They sell the replacement doors on Antec's site for like $15 or $20 bucks.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I think my P182 is good, but I find it a little cramped. And I'm dreading the day I have to replace my MB as the cable route scheme leaves MUCH to be desired.

My next case will definitely be bigger.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X