Programming to auto load multiple programs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Programming to auto load multiple programs

How would you make a mini program to load multiple programs at once? For instance there are 2 admin tools I would like to load prior to loading into a game. I would like to be able to click on one icon and have both tools load. Can that be done with say a batch file? I have already made a batch file for AA3, made a short cut for my desktop and all I have to do is click that to load the game and it automatically deletes certain temp files that cause the game to crash.

Now I just want to do something like this but for multiple games.
    "The mind stretched to a new concept can never return to it's orginal dimension."
    "What the mind can conceive and believe..... it can achieve."

The Mediator

Re: Programming to auto load multiple programs

I figured out how to do this with a batch file and will post back here shortly once I have the command lines properly set up. I'm playing around with it now.
    "The mind stretched to a new concept can never return to it's orginal dimension."

The Mediator

Comment

Check out the "start" command. It can be used to launch a program and then continue with the next batch command.

It's a bit tricky because you might want to wait for the program to do something before you launch the next program. Without some coordination between the programs, you may have to resort to delays between "start" commands, and that can break depending on what load is currently on your system, because the load might make the first program start too slow, or allow the second program to start too fast.
      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Little overkill but autohotkey can do this.

http://www.autohotkey.com/

In the pursuit of... something.

Comment

I have this all set now using the start command in a batch file.... I didn't realize this was so easy but with a little research I found the right commands and overcame some errors I was getting. I will post the solution in another post.

Scratch you are exactly right..... I'm still trying figure out how to set a delay in seconds between the programs but fortunately I don't have to worry about these 3 programs loading all at once as I still have to allow them one at a time with my UAC turned on in Vista.

Ranger I will check your link out later when I get a chance.... thanks guys!

The Mediator

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...