How to Guide - Auto load multiple programs one click

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Guide - Auto load multiple programs one click

Okay I thought I would share this with the whole community. This idea was spawned from a post I made on how to automatically load yourself into TS with one click and be in the right channel TS AutoLogin. We discussed this thread over in the CoD forums and Size asked if I could create a program that would automatically load him into his admin tools, TS and the game all at once with one click.

This really made the wheels start turning and I found out how to accomplish this using a simple batch file. The trick was getting the coding right so it would read the paths when there was a space in the file name or directory..... for instance C:\Progam Files has space between Program and Files which gave me an error.

So here's what to do on your computer:
    • Create a text file by bringing up notepad and save as test.txt so you can make and save changes as you go through this process
    • add the proper command lines
    • Save as test.bat on your desktop
    • Test by double clicking it

Proper Command Lines
    First and foremost make sure you look at these command lines carefully for the proper placement with the quotation marks. If the path to the .exe file you want to execute does not have spaces then you will not need quotation marks at all. These are my exact command lines I used but of course I changed the username and password.

@echo off
    START C:\"Program Files (x86)"\"CoD RconTool10"\"CoD RconTool.exe"
    START C:\Users\Cary\Desktop\miniAdmin3\miniAdmin3.exe
    START D:\"Program Files (x86)"\"Teamspeak2_RC2\TeamSpeak.exe" "teamspeak://67.19.106.94/nickname=YourTSNickName?loginname=YourloginName?pa ssword=yourpassword?channel=Admin Team

NOTES
    Be careful to choose your correct path and not mine..... as you can see I load my TS and my games on my D drive not the C. Just check your path by right clicking the normal icon you use to load the program and copying and pasting the target (YOU WILL NEED TO CHANGE THE "" MARKS TO MAKE IT WORK PROPERLY). You only need to use quotations around the directory or file name that has a space in it otherwise don't use them.

Look at my middle program [miniadmin3] you will notice there are no spaces and therefore I didn't use "" marks.

I'm working on getting the delays in place between loading each program but it's not working for me yet. I will edit post later once I figure out part.

Just post if you have any questions......
    Last edited by Mediator; 07-03-2009, 07:12 PM.
    "The mind stretched to a new concept can never return to it's orginal dimension."
    "What the mind can conceive and believe..... it can achieve."

The Mediator

Re: How to Guide - Auto load multiple programs one click

I don't have any questions yet, but I'm really thankful that you've worked on this. I originally posted my request as a joke not realizing it was possible. Props to you Mediator for working on this. As you said in the other post about the auto TS login, this will help with the lazy people who don't want to click more often than needed. I like to live by the motto "it's the least I could do" when helping someone. Well, doing the least amount is great...right?

Comment

Yes and as 8bits pointed out..... this is the reason for all our technological advancements. I'm glad this could help. I will edit this post once I have the timer delay set between loading programs.

Again when posting there was a arbitrary space thrown into the word password so make sure you remove it. This has happen to me each time a make a post with a long string in it and I'm wondering if it's something our site code is doing on purpose or what?
      "The mind stretched to a new concept can never return to it's orginal dimension."

The Mediator

Comment

Very informative Mediator, I will be using this when the delay is fixed thanks for the hard work. +rep.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

Originally posted by Extinct View Post
          Very informative Mediator, I will be using this when the delay is fixed thanks for the hard work. +rep.
          Thank you Extinct..... I have been using this everytime I get ready to game.

The Mediator

Comment

try adding "sleep" in the spots where you want a delay like so:

Code:
            @echo off
            sleep 1
            sleep 1
            START D:\"Program Files (x86)"\"Teamspeak2_RC2\TeamSpeak.exe" "teamspeak://67.19.106.94/nickname=YourTSNickName?loginname=YourloginName?pa ssword=yourpassword?channel=Admin Team
            The above additions will cause the batchfile to sleep for 1 second between launching your programs. If you want a shorter time then add the "-m" switch followed by a time in milliseconds. For 1/2 a second use this:
            sleep -m 500
            Retired 6th DB

Comment

Originally posted by Wimpinator View Post
              try adding "sleep" in the spots where you want a delay like so:

Code:
              @echo off
              sleep 1
              sleep 1
              The above additions will cause the batchfile to sleep for 1 second between launching your programs. If you want a shorter time then add the "-m" switch followed by a time in milliseconds. For 1/2 a second use this:
              sleep -m 500
              Yes but I believe you have to download the sleep.exe file HERE before you can get the sleep function to work.... at least that is what I have read thus far. I haven't played around with it in a while but it didn't work the first time I tried it. You only need to use this sleep function or delay when loading programs that take a lot of resources from you computer to load. My small admin programs can all load at once.

IN addition:
              1) You can convert the batch file into an .exe file using a convertor DOWNLOAD HERE, make a short cut to that .exe file and pin to your start menu. This is for folks wanting to keep their desktop clean.

The Mediator

Comment

Wimpinator - I just tried the sleep and that didn't work for me. I don't know why it doesn't work even though I have the sleep.exe loaded.

EDIT: I figured it out.... you have to load the sleep.exe inside of the batch file

@echo off
                START C:\Users\Cary\Desktop\BatchFiles\Sleep.exe
                START C:\"Program Files (x86)"\"CoD RconTool"\"CoD RconTool.exe"
                Sleep 4
                Sleep 4

The Mediator

Comment

There is also an old trick where you use ping to emulate a sleep command like so:
                  ping -w xx 0.0.0.0

note that xx should equal the number of milliseconds you want to sleep. The target IP should be a bogus addy on your network.

edit: I misremembered exactly how this was done. This thread discuses using ping as a sleep:
                  http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-1467406.php

Note that i don't have access to a Windows computer to test it
                  Retired 6th DB

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X