Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do I link an bluetooth headset and use it for VOIP Comunication?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do I link an bluetooth headset and use it for VOIP Comunication?

Hey everyone,

I have recently purchased an usb bluetooth adapter for my pc, I am curious about how to link an headset so I can use It for VOIP in games.
    I am somewhat new to bluetooth technology so if you can help me that would be great. The headset I am going to link to the bluetooth adapter is an Jabra BT 125 I belive. The adapter on the other hand is an generic adapter that goes for 4.00 w/ S&H at amazon.com

EDIT: summary of questions

Will I need any programs to use my bluetooth headset in games?
    How do I Link the bluetooth headset to the adapter?
    Does overall voice quallity improve on bluetooth headsets?
    Last edited by Benjamin385; 07-04-2009, 03:11 PM.
    And when he get to heaven,
    To Saint Peter he will tell;
    One more soldier reporting sir
    I've serve my time in hell

Re: how do I link an bluetooth headset and use it for VOIP Comunication?

Google it mate.

However I think that the software with the Bluetooth hardware will have a program that will search for bluetooth enabled items and hook them up... just like my bimmer :P
    Mat0!

Comment

Originally posted by Mato View Post
      Google it mate.

However I think that the software with the Bluetooth hardware will have a program that will search for bluetooth enabled items and hook them up... just like my bimmer :P
      hey thanks for the response. So bluetooth adapters just search for an bluetooth device? That sounds very simple.
      And when he get to heaven,
      To Saint Peter he will tell;
      One more soldier reporting sir
      I've serve my time in hell

Comment

Are you looking to use it with Teamspeak or with games that have VOIP?

Teamspeak will be able to see the Bluetooth device and select it after you have paired the headset with your BT adapter. After that, you should be able to turn on the headset and plug in the adapter and the headset will auto-connect. I've got a setup using Vista and I unplug the adapter when I'm not using the headset. When I use it, I turn on the headset first then plug in the adapter so that everything is synced up properly.

If you're using your headset with game VOIP, you'll have to set your Windows sound settings (found in Control Panel). The voice device should be set to your Bluetooth device. Most games will use what's set there as the mic device.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

WoW requires that the device be present when the game starts. Most software doesn't handle hot-plugging hardware that well. (Even stuff I write. ;))
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
            WoW requires that the device be present when the game starts. Most software doesn't handle hot-plugging hardware that well. (Even stuff I write. ;))
            Yeah, definitely have it connected before launching TS or the game. I always open up Audacity to make sure that the mic is working (hit record and test mic) before launching the programs. It's a very good solution and is nice not having a cord to deal with. The battery just dies rather quickly, as it is connected the entire time (from when you open TS or your game until you close it), not just when you're talking. So, basically, it's the same as being on a phone call the whole time, as far as battery goes.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X