Internet Time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Time

I have been searching google for the past hour and i have not really found anything concrete as to what i am trying to do.

i have my desktop computer that houses everything that i do; from gaming to homework and school. i have noticed that my desktop is about three minutes off everyones else's time. when i go and try and update my time, i do not see an internet time tab.

now from the searching that i have done i have found the reason for this is because i am part of a domain that i created here at my house. and since that i am apart of that domain, i update through the PDC. when i go and try and update my time on the server, i still do not have an internet time tab!

so how do i get my internet time back on my server??

i am running windows server 2008 and on my desktop i am running windows vista business x64

any help or directions would be greatly appreciated :)

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Re: Internet Time

"Internet Time" is actually Network Time Protocol (NTP). Googling for that:

http://www.google.com/search?q=windows+server+2008+ntp
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

sweet looking at it now and it looks promising... thanks man!!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

More on NTP here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_Time_Protocol

Lots of useful info here, but most important is the list of public servers:

http://www.ntp.org/

End users should probably use a pool server:

http://www.pool.ntp.org/

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Lol Jack 3 minutes, so picky...

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

There are many things that break with an error as large as 3 minutes. Network authentication, for example. Many network protocols require that both ends of the link have a close idea of what time it is to work securely. Software can get pretty confused when you send it a packet from the future.

Comment

Heh heh heh oops, very good point.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X