No announcement yet.

Canon Rebel T1i / Nikon D90 Comparison.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canon Rebel T1i / Nikon D90 Comparison.

The whole Comparison sheet here.

I personally was suckered in by the Canon T1i's marketing scheme of throwing out the big numbers(15.1 pixels). But it seems to me personally that the Nikon D90 takes the prize.
    Last edited by Extinct; 07-08-2009, 09:04 PM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Re: Canon Rebel T1i / Nikon D90 Comparison.

Separate Reviews.

Also another good review of the Canon Digital Camera Review from a more reputable source.

Nikon D90 Review @DCR Site.
    Last edited by Extinct; 07-08-2009, 09:25 PM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

If you search the forum here Extinct, we had a whole thread on the D90 I posted when it first came out. My wife is a Nikon person (as apposed to a cannon person), and she talks about getting one all the time. Still, $1100 will buy a lot of other toys, and a lot of pizza. :D

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Haven't read the reviews, but if you ended up with the Canon, you'll still have access to some really nice lenses. Check out the 'L' series if you haven't already

Comment

My girlfriend and I went halfsy in on a D60. Pretty good camera. Of course I'm kicking myself now as I just saw the D90 on sale for $750. Like $50 more than we paid for the D60 with the same lens.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

where is the d90 on sale at?

Comment

My question aswell, where is the D90 for $750 I would even consider transferring my Canadian to American.

Comment

I think I prefer Nikon as a company. They seem less stingy than Canon and their budget cameras feel nice to hold. Saying that I still shoot Canon :-)

Comment

I'm sorry I didn't see this last week. I believe it was on sale at Ritz and Best Buy. Ritz seemed like the better deal but their ad is always confusing. I'll see if I can pull some screens of the ads.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

I assume the $750 deal is just for the body, I think ill look around more before buying. Thanks for the update though.

Comment

I have been reading up on the just released Nikon D5000, and it looks really good. Pretty much the same thing as the D90, but just a few less features that only a PRO PRO would use. Few hundred dollars cheaper. Check it out.................

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Thanks for the update Bamboo. I think that is a little more in my price range, Also I don't really need 1080p even though I do have a monitor that can handle the d90.

+ the ability to tilt the screen whatever way you want is amazing. No more scratched screens.

Comment

Since it is close to 2010 I was curious if I should be waiting for a new line of cameras to come out so the price of current ones will drop.

I have a very readily available credit to put a new dslr on it and I haven't been keeping up with camera news.

Comment

man those are both nice cameras and I used to work in a camera store a couple years ago and from what I saw, you cant go wrong either way. They are both excellent cameras and you will be happy either way you go. More MP's are good for bigger enlargements, but if yout not going to print bigger than 13x19 8MP is sufficient. I only say 8 because thats what my new Rebel XT does that I just got last night for 299 on clearance at wally world!!

Comment

I wouldn't mind something with at least 10-12 MP's, maybe a Nikon D90 or D5000.

I have heard Lumix cameras are pretty decent as well. Probably a more expensive brand though.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X