Silverlight 3 out of beta, joins forces with your GPU for HD streaming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silverlight 3 out of beta, joins forces with your GPU for HD streaming

This is pretty big news. Playing a flash video, like Youtube, is completly dependent on your CPU. But with this new version of Silverlight, it your video is using Silverlight and not Flash, you can use the power of your gfx. card to help play the video. Pretty sweet. Check these articles:

Silverlight 3 out of beta, joins forces with your GPU for HD streaming

Silverlight 3 now available for your Flash-killing pleasure

The articles mention a demo, and here it is:
    Experience Smooth Streaming

Everyone needs to try it. And play it in full screen! I have never seen video that clear full screen on my 22".

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Silverlight 3 out of beta, joins forces with your GPU for HD streaming

Is this Windows only?
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I think its also mac, no linux as far as I know

edit: found this http://mono-project.com/MoonlightSupportedPlatforms
      Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

I wonder if it will run on Google OS? :p
        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

It's supposed to be platform-independent.
          "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
          Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

That is very impressive. It was more responsive than my DVD player!

Did any notice that you can limit the download rate?

I called BS when MS claimed "Instant play HD" but it looks like they did it. Can't wait till it gets to Netfix.
            Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
            - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
            - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
            - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
            - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
            - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
            - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

That was very impressive. Good ending also.

Comment

Another app to update when I get back state side in a few days.
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Wow, I like it. Now if only my bandwidth were higher.

Comment

wow

Comment

Pretty cool.
                      It's Gaming
                      Proud to have been a member of the 55th Infantry Division!

Comment

Damonte sees Netflix jumping all over this. They already utilize Silverlight heavily for their online streaming.
                        Last edited by Damonte; 07-15-2009, 09:35 PM. Reason: The false Damonte is gone. Long live Damonte!

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Originally posted by Damonte View Post
                          I see Netflix jumping all over this. They already utilize Silverlight heavily for their online streaming.
                          What have you done with Damonte!?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X