Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having trouble starting a UT99 server for a few friends.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having trouble starting a UT99 server for a few friends.

Ok, so here is my problem. My cousin and I just built a new gaming rig for him and he really wants to play some Unreal Tournament (the original, don't ask.) online. When I was in college living in the dorms with no ports blocked, it wasn't an issue. I could set up a game and we could play to our hearts' content. Now he can't even see the server, can't join by typing in my IP and can't join through Xfire.

So far, I've forwarded all of the necessary ports on my router and through Windows Firewall. I've scanned the ports and they are all open. I'm also running the server through port 8080 because Comcast blocks port 80. Once again, if I scan the port, it is open. I'm thinking that my problem must lie with some NAT setting in my router but I can't seem to figure it out.

Anyhow, I was hoping that someone here might have some insight. I really want to hear him yelling swear words through the headset as I frag him over and over and over again.
    sigpic

Re: Having trouble starting a UT99 server for a few friends.

Use netstat on the server to see what ports it's actually using. 8080 might not be enough. (I'm not familiar with UT99's networking requirements.)
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I went to http://www.portforwarding.com and forwarded the ports that were listed for UT99. I also tried starting a server with the computer just plugged into the cable modem. No luck there either. :(
      sigpic

Comment

Just a quick update: Another cousin of mine helped me to figure out that the list of ports to forward from portforward.com was incomplete. I forwarded ports 7777-7783, 8080 and 27900 on both TCP and UDP and it works perfectly now. I sort of doubt that anyone else will need this information but just in case, I thought I'd share it.
        sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X