Monitor for gaming and photography

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor for gaming and photography

I'm currently using a 19" CRT that i got about 6ish (7?) years ago. It's served me well but I'd like to get a new monitor because this one is giving me a slightly blurry patch in the centre of the screen.

I'll be using the monitor for photography and a bit of gaming. I'm not terribly clued up on monitors but what I understand gaming requires good response time. There's a quite a lot of 2ms monitors around so that's fine. With the photography side of things is it just contrast I can look at for gauging the monitor?

Any advice would be appreciated. Budget around 200ish

Re: Monitor for gaming and photography

I know that there are some hardware manufacturers you don't get there in the UK. I personally like my Asus 21" LCD. Another good brand is viewsonic.

What brands do you available there?

- -

Comment

8800GT
      4Gb RAM
      Windows XP
      E8200 @2.66GHz

Comment

What's a good uk shopping site we can look at Obi? I can look through the available list and give you some ideas.

- -

Comment

I found ebuyer for the big ol island.

check these out
          22" - http://www.ebuyer.com/search?page=1&...99&subcat=2097
          24" - http://www.ebuyer.com/search?page=1&...99&subcat=2362

- -

Comment

How hard core are you on photography? Pros tend to be really fussy about color accuracy, which is the hardest thing for flat panels to do. You might want to visit photography sites to see what they recommend.

Couple of sites to check out:

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/
            http://www.flatpanelshd.com/
            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

There are a couple of LCD technologies. For photography you care a lot about color fidelity and constrast and care little for response time. For gaming it's the opposite. To get everything you want in an LCD is going to be very expensive if it's even possible. It might make the most sense to get one monitor of photo work and a different one for gaming. Another possibility is getting a new CRT and avoiding the trade-offs of LCDs.

Comment

I notice you said you liked the Canon camera's. What camera do you have right now?

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

Idea.

Is anyone able to tell me the likleyhood of my current CRT being better for photo editing than than a standard LCD? I can't find many reviews for my Teo Relisys 19".

What I'm thinking of doing is getting an LCD for web/gaming/whatever and retaining my CRT for photography. I'd get a calibrator also. Does that sounds sensible?

@Exctinct, I'm shooting a Canon 450D just now. It's marketed as Rebel XSi in the states.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X