Music Software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music Software

Hi , looking for free music software to create music, downloading acidXMC now, If any of you know a better 1 let me know, alot of the free stuff I have found is either limited or focuses on 1 style of music. I want something that can sample, loop and create beats for a varity of music, the library dosnt have to be vast, as long as I can upload my own samples and sounds. TY:icon_bigg

Re: Music Software

Originally posted by Shane View Post
    Hi , looking for free music software to create music, downloading acidXMC now, If any of you know a better 1 let me know, alot of the free stuff I have found is either limited or focuses on 1 style of music. I want something that can sample, loop and create beats for a varity of music, the library dosnt have to be vast, as long as I can upload my own samples and sounds. TY:icon_bigg
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Comment

Audacity is an audio recorder/editor. Not really for making music. I doubt you'll have much luck with free software.

But who pays for costly software these days...?
      In Order to Dance

Comment

yea Audacity is a little simple and not really what I was looking for but thx anyway. Any1 ever use sony,s ACID pro 9?

Comment

I recommend Reason 4 by propellerhead.

It will do everything you want

Former E1st Heavyweight

Comment

You can do anything on audacity that acid can do. Plus a ten thousand other things. But whatever **shrugs**

Comment

Microsoft Songsmith? No? :D jk

Comment

Audacity is nowhere near as easy to use as Acid. No comparison on simplicity. Audacity is great, but really terrible looping software, just not fast enough to get things done.
                IMO Reason is the best looping software. Has a bit of a learning curve over Acid but is much much more flexible. Though better than the two of them combined(since it pretty much is them combined, and with stuff similar to Audacity) is Cakewalk's Sonar. That's the best software I've ever used, though I've heard Cubase is really good too. Cubase is also slightly cheaper(though the comparison between $500 software and $650 software is what exactly?)

The main thing is that you wont find any good free music software. I guess it's just not really a focus point in the OSS community. Another problem is that good music software is expensive, so really just take what you get cheap and only front for the good stuff if you're really serious(just note, the last thing you want to be doing is actually releasing tracks produced on cracked software).
                Though one thing on free software, PowerTab is great for composing music to be then played and recorded.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X