My credit card is getting ichy: Intel's 34nm-based 320GB solid state drives

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My credit card is getting ichy: Intel's 34nm-based 320GB solid state drives

It is still just a rumor, but you know it is going to be released soon. And if it brings down the price of the other models, its even better news. I'm just waiting on the 160gig drive to drop a bit more.

Link:
    http://www.engadget.com/2009/07/18/i...loser-to-real/

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: My credit card is getting ichy: Intel's 34nm-based 320GB solid state drives

Ok, so big news out today:
    Intel's 34nm SSDs go official, no 320GB model in sight

If the market reacts to the cost savings that are being passed forward, you can expect the 80GB model to run $225, while the 160GB edition gets marked at $440, both in quantities of 1,000.

That is very good, because the current 160GB model on Newegg is listed at $620.
    If that 160gig gets near the $300 mark by Christmas, my wife is going to just have to be mad at me for a while. :D

Also in the news:
    Crucial Ships Its M225 SSDs

Looks good too.
    The MLC-based drives also sport 64MB of DRAM cache and come with a 5-year warranty. The drives are available now for $160 (64GB), $330 ($128GB), and $600 (256GB).

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Here is a preview from Anandtech.
      Can't wait to see the real numbers:
      Intel's 34nm SSD Preview: Cheaper and Faster?

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I'm sitting on my hands here. Those look great!

Comment

oooooH! :D I see my Xmas gift to me!
          "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
          Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

SSD is just so exciting !

Comment

The performance gains over a traditional HDD is phenomenal! I cant wait!! Not only are we looking at blazing access and read/write speeds, but also a tremendous drop in temperature. This should help lower overall temperatures inside our cases.

**** PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF THE 4TH SPECIAL OPERATIONS ****

Μολὼν λαβέ

**** PROUD to have been an Irregular**** ****PROUD to have been in the 11th AIR****

**** PROUD to have been in the 77th Headhunters****

sigpic

REAL pilots beat the air into submission!

Comment

Here are the real numbers from Anandtech.

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets...oc.aspx?i=3607

These new drives look awesome. The 80GB model looks very tempting. When exactly are these going to be appearing online? My credit card is also getting itchy.

Comment

Holy crap, it puts the 300GB Raptor to shame. I am so glad I held off on buying one of those.

And I like that we may see even better performance from these once Win7 gets released and that TRIM stuff gets turned on.

EDIT:
                  Even more love in this review:

Intel X25-M 'G2' 34nm 160GB SSD Review

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

As the last article above mentions, ZipZoomFly has pages up for them

INTEL SSDSA2MH160G2C1 X25M 160GB

INTEL SSDSA2MH080G2C1 X25M 80GB

Out of stock at the moment

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Bamboo's wife may hate me for this, but here they are. Get em while they're hot!

80GB - $229.99
                      http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820167016

160GB - $449.00
                      http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820167017

Comment

I have talked myself into waiting till Win7 gets released and the firmware upgrade comes out. By then the 160GB model should have dropped to the $300-$400 range as well.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

More good news in an update from Anandtech:

Intel Forces OCZ's Hand: Indilinx Drives To Drop in Price

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Hmm, too bad I missed this thread for so long and that I already spent my $280 limit on a new PMP. Those SSDs are making me drool and itch all over again. :row__630:
                            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I couldn't help myself. Hell it's only money. People on other forums were saying the price wasn't really going to go down all that much by the end of the year, so I snagged one up. These went fast.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X