Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winXP problem.

Hey all,

I'm having a little problem with my XP install and I dont know whats causing it. The problem is simple, I guess. Every once in awhile when I boot up my system (from having it off all night or whatever) it will reset stuff like my theme, and anything that I have installed recently.. basically anything that I have touched gets reset back to before I touched it.

Any ideas why this is happening? Its getting on my nerves now.

Thanks for any help.

Doesnt' WinXP have some sort of system restore that runs in the background? I didn't like all the disk space it was taking up so I turned it off.

However, if the computer is autorestoring your system quite a bit, then something serious seems wrong with it.

Wish I could be more help but since I never had this problem before, I never had to go through my computer and figure it out myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie
      Doesnt' WinXP have some sort of system restore that runs in the background? I didn't like all the disk space it was taking up so I turned it off.
      Wolfie. Do yourself a favour and turn it back on ASAP. I can't tell you how many times the system restore feature has saved my bacon.
      If you don't like the 10% disk space setting just decrease it.

You'll be glad one day that you turned it back on. :)
      I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Comment

I back up all my important files on a regular basis so if something happens to my computer, I will be fine.

Besides which, reformatting and reinstalling everything is not that bad. And it is always a good thing to reformat and reinstall at least once every 6 months. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie
          Besides which, reformatting and reinstalling everything is not that bad. And it is always a good thing to reformat and reinstall at least once every 6 months. :P
          So. The rumours ARE true. You are insane. :) :)
          I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Comment

I don't run sys-restore either, as my server stores all my important files and runs all my productivity apps.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X