temperature reading software

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• temperature reading software

Is there software available that will monitor the internal temperature of a computer. I haven't used my laptop for about a week and a half and it seems hotter than I remember. I would appreciate any suggestions.
    "Press the red shiny button"~Vortex
    "I may give out, but I'll never give in." ~ Lou Bond "To the Establishment"

Re: temperature reading software

I use Real Temp 3.0 http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads...Temp_3.00.html

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/
      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

http://www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php

This one lists multiple pieces of hardware as well as dome other simple info
        |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions.

I ran the hwmonitor program after playing a couple of rounds of bf2142. The CPU temp was measured at 45-46 degrees Celsius and the GPU core was 66 degrees Celsius. These seem a little high. A Dell contracted technician just replaced my video card today and now I am worried that overheating killed my old card. I guess I will be on the phone with Dell Support again.

Comment

I personally really like SpeedFan because of it have a graph utility

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php
            Mat0!

Comment

Wait wait, Bear are you looking for a program to measure overall ambient temperature in your case or are you looking for hardware specific temperature monitoring tools (CPU, GFX, etc)?
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                Wait wait, Bear are you looking for a program to measure overall ambient temperature in your case or are you looking for hardware specific temperature monitoring tools (CPU, GFX, etc)?
                That is what I originally asking for and if you know of one, I would like to try it. The other suggested programs provided the specific temp info on the CPU and GPU cores but an overall temperature reading might be helpful.

I just ran HWmonitor a little while ago and the GPU core temp was about 10 degrees higher than last night's reading of 66. Now it appears to have gone down to 65.

I just spoke to Dell Tech support, they said the laptop needs a few days to adjust to the new video card and memory modules and I should use the computer everday . Does that make sense to anybody? I realize laptops generate a lot of heat because of the confined spaces involved.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmoredBear View Post
                  That is what I originally asking for and if you know of one, I would like to try it. The other suggested programs provided the specific temp info on the CPU and GPU cores but an overall temperature reading might be helpful.

I just ran HWmonitor a little while ago and the GPU core temp was about 10 degrees higher than last night's reading of 66. Now it appears to have gone down to 65.

I just spoke to Dell Tech support, they said the laptop needs a few days to adjust to the new video card and memory modules and I should use the computer everday . Does that make sense to anybody? I realize laptops generate a lot of heat because of the confined spaces involved.
                  Er. Those temperatures seem to be well within spec for a GPU. I really wouldn't worry too much.
                  It's Gaming
                  Proud to have been a member of the 55th Infantry Division!

Comment

Originally posted by ArmoredBear View Post
                    That is what I originally asking for and if you know of one, I would like to try it.
                    None that I know of since there isn't a internal case sensor to measure the internal ambient temperature in most cases. You could probably get a sensor and put someone over your motherboard to measure the internal case temperature.
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X