Windows Security Suite....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Security Suite....

One of my room mates came to me today because his laptop is ****ed up seven ways to Sunday. So I took a peak and well, he said he purchased this Windows Security Suite (Which I never heard of) and after blowing 50$ on it, he cannot even activate it. His internet, whever it works constantly gets redirected. If I search in google, regardless of what I search the same websites will appear (SpyWarBeGone, X2SpyDoom, SlowPC-FreeSpeedUp, ect ect) I could even search Icanhascheesburger and those above will still appear.

Well, I tried searching through his program files and it was a bitch to find. First off, inside the program files it is labeled as 1D7UxxSSf9 as the file name. Then the .exe is labeled 11ssx6.exe, and it is like ~70 mb. Then there is a folder titled back up (which is how I found it) with a read-only file labeled 101. I cannot delete it, nor is it in remove programs, nor can I access the task manager. I could exit it, but it'll just flash a giant alert. The thing looks super official, but it's not. Any suggestions on how to remove it, or is the reinstall inevitable?

Hadouken!!! (>*.*)> ==> ==> ==> ^(X.X)^

Re: Windows Security Suite....

My suggestion: the rescue CD. Quickest way to get rid of the bulk of the nasties.

A couple here:

http://www.free-av.com/en/tools/12/a...ue_system.html

http://download.bitdefender.com/rescue_cd/

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

or you could delete it from the registry. click start, click run and type regedit. look for those file there.

Comment

Malwarebytes might work.

Comment

Format and start over. Slap the drive in an external enclosure if it has needed data on it and copy it off, then wipe it and reload.

This is why Vista's UAC was invented. Windows is just too easy to infect, and it's better to put up with the nuisance of approving intended administrative actions than having to clean up a mess like this.
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Thanks for all the help, looks like deleting it from the registry was the fastest and simplest. Everything worked out fine and I scored 20$!!!

Hadouken!!! (>*.*)> ==> ==> ==> ^(X.X)^

Comment

This just popped up on my wife's netbook! It even changed the desktop wallpaper!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X