No announcement yet.

Blue M&M's used to treat spinal injuries

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue M&M's used to treat spinal injuries

The "hardware" in this case being the human spine. ;)

The compound, Brilliant Blue G, can block a chemical which makes injuries worse by causing inflammation and destroying cells.

This 'secondary spinal cord damage' can often cause more problems than the original wound. Researchers found that treatment with Brilliant Blue G reduced the size of the lesion and also improved recovery.
    Upstream article with more details:

And further upstream to the PR from the university sponsoring the study:
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Blue M&M's used to treat spinal injuries

My friends have a thing going with the effects of each color.

Blue taste the best
    Green makes you ornery
    Red makes you pregnant
    Brown is the healthiest
    and Yellow makes you stupid.

My friends will get a kick out of this article.

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Re: Blue M&M's used to treat spinal injuries

the same rat which turned blue following the treatment

Aw it's so cute!

The dye also needed to be injected into a vein very quickly after a trauma to be effective - within 15 minutes.

However, it was able to significantly reduce secondary injury, with injured rats being able to walk again, although with a limp. Rats that had not received the solution never regained the ability to walk.
      Oooh, that's pretty amazing. Though I'm not sure if I could stand being stuck with a needle minutes after a serious back injury.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed