• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Knack

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmYDgncMhXw[/media]

We're doomed.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: The Knack

So what is Dilbert doing at a office desk job? (I never really watched the series...)
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Dilbert is loosely based on his creator's (Scott Adams) life history as an employee at PacBell. And the craziness in the comic strip is all based on real tales from readers, and I can easily believe them from my one year in corporate culture.

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Good one!
        |TG|Melee
        Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
          Dilbert is loosely based on his creator's (Scott Adams) life history as an employee at PacBell. And the craziness in the comic strip is all based on real tales from readers, and I can easily believe them from my one year in corporate culture.
          Ah. Well then, that explains it. Thanks for explaining it. :)
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Well, it's a high paying job though. :)

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

Also, engineers spend a lot of time at a desk and in meetings. Not only is there coding for us software guys, and CAD for the hardware guys, and documentation for both, but lots of administrative BS as well. It's not all fun in the lab. (I prefer coding at my desk at home, where it's quiet and my only interruption is my fur kid insisting on lap time.)

The bigger the organization, the more BS you get diverted to. I was in a "small" corporation of about 1000 people, and I dread to think what people in the big corporations must suffer.

Comment

I always liked the BS bingo, I forget all the rules but it can really apply in meetings and meetings about meetings. :icon_cool
                The Old Guy
                kin3
                sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse