FPS and MICE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FPS and MICE

The following is in reference to BF2 online or singleplayer mode.

I have a Logitech MX310 optical, which I have used for years on a variety of FPS's.
    If I move the mouse left or right 12 Inches, my soldier rotates more than 360 degrees, which is fine.
    If I move the mouse RAPIDLY 12 inches, my soldier rotates only 90 degrees, or gets a little jerky.
    I have played games like Quake II online for many years with this mouse. Run-n-Gun shooters like Quake II require the ability to perform FAST 180's. This mouse has always worked fine, except now.

The mouse advertises 40ft./sec. and 4.3MPs. Ive tryed 2 mice and several pads. The control panel has no settings for reporting speed. I tried PS2 port. I shouldnt need a lazer mouse to turn around quickly?

Re: FPS and MICE

Is your mouse coming off the surface of the table when you swipe rapidly?
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I've gone through several optical mouses like that. The rapid swiping of the mouse causes the sensor to not pick up all the movement. My fix was cranking up the sensitivity so that all the movements can be done by moving your hand from the wrist down.
      |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

You want high DPI do get higher sensitivity. This allows quick turning with very little movement. If you're moving rapidly and turn 90 degrees when you turn 360 while moving regularly, it's probably mouse acceleration. It can detect how fast you're accelerating and turn faster. This is probably a Windows setting although some games have this setting.

For reference, 12 inches would be longer than the length of your keyboard so your mousing surface is really large if you really mean 12 inches.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Thanks for commenting on my post.

Mouse is NOT comming up.
          Symptom doesnt "seem" to be happening on older games. "Quake II, HL, UT".
          The mouse is NOT accelerating, it is DECELERATES.
          I have acceleration turned off in windows.
          I do have a large mouse pad (12*15). Probably more like 10 inches of test movement.

It seems like a mouse engine problem, but I dont have speed issues in other games, just BF2 for now...hold on...Ill try it on DMoM&M.
          Last edited by natb1; 07-30-2009, 10:43 PM.

Comment

OK....maybe a Mouse Driver Problem.
            Poor (Lazy) troubleshooting on my part.
            I failed to disclose that I have 2 PCs.
            I recently got 2 new MX310s to replace my old MX310s.
            I installed on one of my PCS, and installed drivers.
            I then realized the bad behavior on that PC and falsely assumed the both PCs were doing it.
            I Un-installed the Logitech Drivers, put old mouse back on, and it seems OK.
            I put new mouse back on with NO Logitech drivers, and it seems OK.

My other PC (with original MX310) seems OK as well.

Thanks for help, if I learn something that may help Uall2, I will report back.
            If you see my post bump up again...May need help on same issue.

Thanks so far!
            Last edited by natb1; 07-30-2009, 10:42 PM. Reason: new realization

Comment

Are you sure it was decelerating? Maybe it was accelerating so fast that it did a 450 degree turn and it looks like a 90 degree turn. :p

- It's who you game with.

Comment

thats uncomorfortable 12" to get a turn? i turn it about 1nch and i get a full 360

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc= View Post
                  Are you sure it was decelerating? Maybe it was accelerating so fast that it did a 450 degree turn and it looks like a 90 degree turn. :p
                  I am certain that it was DEcelerating. I clearly saw a "semi-smooth" 90 degree turn (probably a dozen frames), when it should have been over 360 degrees. I have seen Over-acceleration. It looks like a bunch of flashing frames, and you dont know where your gonna be looking. I am certain that I have described the issue properly.

I should try installing Logitech drivers on this PC, but I just dont want to mess with it any further. I have so much more to contend with these days. I still have to get 2 copies of BF2 AF and European whatever to work.

I have a work around...dont install Logitech drivers. I should be unhappy, but if I can get it working, im content. Ive been fighting PC game bugs for 20 years now. Ill take what i can get.

Comment

Originally posted by Cotton926 View Post
                    thats uncomorfortable 12" to get a turn? i turn it about 1nch and i get a full 360
                    My description was for trouble shooting purposes only. When I have a game set up properly, my preference is about 4 inches for a 180.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X