Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amd x2 5000 vs intel e6550?

hey

currently im using a amd x2 5000 cpu {stock 2.6} but i have a intel e6550 cpu {2.33}chip here aswell,would it be worth my while to upgrade to a intel mobo and put this e6550 in?

Re: amd x2 5000 vs intel e6550?

the cores in intel and amd are hard to compare. You can easily OC that 2.33 to like 2.5 if you have a nice heatsink/fan. That amd. will stay at 2.6. And remember an intel at 2.6 is like an amd being at 3.2. So really it's personal preference now. If you don't want to OC get the amd. If you do. get the intel. I wouldn't go for any of them. It's like planning to upgrade from a 94 chevy to a 96 civic...

Comment

Re: amd x2 5000 vs intel e6550?

I'd suggest trying to find some comparisons on a website. However, that AMD will not "stay" at 2.6 It can overclocked the same any any Intel chip. I routinely ran my X2 5600+ (2.8) at 3.2 without a problem. I run my Phenom II 940 BE (3.0) at 3.5 on a daily basis, and have had it up to 3.7 before backing off. I didn't need that severe of an OC on a quad core chip.

It just depends on if you want to go to the expense of buying a motherboard for it, and take the time to reload Windows (since it's a platform change) for a chip that... really.... performs the same or only "somewhat" better.
      "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
      Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X