Windows 7 Review: You Can Quit Complaining Now

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 Review: You Can Quit Complaining Now

This was just posted over on Gizmodo.com, and I'm sure it is just the first of many "final" reviews we will be seeing very soon.

Windows 7 Review: You Can Quit Complaining Now

And here is part 2

Windows 7 Review, Part 2: The Best Features and Tips

The pros and cons list at the end of the first part is pretty good, and I am really looking forward to picking up an new SSD and Win7 in a few months. :row__577:

Here is another review from Cnet:
    Windows 7: Tested in depth

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Windows 7 Review: You Can Quit Complaining Now

I don't see any mention in those three articles about Ultimate users getting a break, like the break given to the cheaper versions of Vista. Looks like people like me, who want both the home and business features, are still screwed.

BTW, there's both a win7 and windows 7 tag. Any chance a forum admin could combine them under one tag? Click the tags on this thread to see the lists.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
      I don't see any mention in those three articles about Ultimate users getting a break, like the break given to the cheaper versions of Vista. Looks like people like me, who want both the home and business features, are still screwed.

BTW, there's both a win7 and windows 7 tag. Any chance a forum admin could combine them under one tag? Click the tags on this thread to see the lists.
      Windows 7 has the same exact sets as vista does. You can get home basic, ultimate, etc.

Comment

I believe a really cheap upgrade offer was available for the "lesser" versions, but not for Ultimate. Has that changed?

http://www.pcworld.com/article/16740...windows_7.html

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

It hasn't, and if you have bought vista recently, you qualify for a free upgrade.

Comment

I haven't, so I'm still screwed. :(

Comment

If you download a release candidate you get it free for a year. It's gonna be like $220 for ultimate. Worth the money imo.

Comment

I may still do that. My boot drive needs to be replaced so I might as well upgrade the OS at the same time.

Comment

I pre-ordered my home premium copy for $50.00 off newegg when it was going. I'll just use the beta until it runs out.
                  Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                  Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Engadget has just posted their review:

Windows 7 review

Long review but a lot to think about

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

It's looking like this will be my first retail box OS purchase.

Comment

More love here:

Windows 7 vs Vista VGA game performance

Maximum PC also has much love for Win7

Windows 7 Review: XP vs Vista vs 7 in 80+ Benchmarks

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Are they still offering the 50$ upgrade for win7?

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

Nope, but I read somewhere that you should hold off preordering at full price in case they offer another deal.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Bleh, lots of links but no cliff notes. Here, on TG, my only question is this:
                              Can I play games on it without it being worse off than switching to Ubuntu, for free, and running them through Wine? IE, Both Vista and Wine harf on Punkbuster so I can't play 2142 on TG servers. If Win7 can't pull that off why spend $220 when I can have the same level of breakage for free?

And that's not a rag on Linux; that's a rag on Windows. I'd much prefer to go the Ubuntu + Wine or Ubuntu + VirtualBox route if it is just as viable as the native option presently.
                              "...the rules aren't there to enumerate what is always correct but what is always wrong..."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X