I feel REALLY dumb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel REALLY dumb

Hey all, let me preface my problem by saying that I know a lot about puter hardware but software, not so much.I have a CD key for the windows 7 beta and have had it for quite some time but I have a bit of a problem. I can not find info on how to burn an .iso from the downloaded file. I can find all kinds of info on how to burn an .iso of a disc that is in a drive but nothing else. I have downloaded magicdisc but it does not appear to have the proper options. Anywho, any help would be greatly appreciated as I would like to take advantage of the full 4gb of ram I have now =)
    |TG-Irr|Avengingllama
    I used to eat paint chips. Now I just drink the paint because I couldn't find a salsa that went well with the chips and they were dry =)

Re: I feel REALLY dumb

well the win 7 beta will no longer work, the release candidate will work till june next year but to burn an .iso you need specific software. I suggest ImageBurn, a nice program with lots of options but the quick menu deals with most jobs.
    Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Like Reaper said, you probably want to install the release candidate for that. I believe you'll have until August 20 to download the RC.

Download and grab a key for that here:
      http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/default.aspx

As Reaper also mentioned, just install ImgBurn to burn the .iso file. That software is pretty simple and straightforward. But if you have more questions, I'm sure we can help.

Comment

ooops....I meant the r/c. Thx for the responses, I will check it out =)
        |TG-Irr|Avengingllama
        I used to eat paint chips. Now I just drink the paint because I couldn't find a salsa that went well with the chips and they were dry =)

Comment

WOW!!!! looks really easy. Should I burn the entire boot folder or what from the downloaded windows or is there something else? Thanks again and sorry for my ignorance, but I guess this is how one learns new stuff =)
          |TG-Irr|Avengingllama

Comment

The file you download from Microsoft should be an .iso file. You don't need to extract it or do anything to it. Just burn that .iso file with ImgBurn. That's it.

Comment

Got it loaded last night while I was sleeping. Thanks for all the help =). I must say....so far I am pretty impressed with win7
              |TG-Irr|Avengingllama

Comment

It's not to bad, it has it's issues just like any beta though. I have had a few problems with programs not responding after a while. It's not my hardware for sure. I'm running an e8400 @ 4ghz , 4gb of OCZ Blade LV @ 1173 -5-5-5-18 timings. Everything prime95 / memtest stable.

Comment

Originally posted by xZyae View Post
                  It's not to bad, it has it's issues just like any beta though. I have had a few problems with programs not responding after a while. It's not my hardware for sure. I'm running an e8400 @ 4ghz , 4gb of OCZ Blade LV @ 1173 -5-5-5-18 timings. Everything prime95 / memtest stable.
                  Totally off topic, but what mobo are you using? I have an EVGA 780i and am running my e8400 at about 3.8 ghz but can't seem to get her sttable at 4.05 ghz. It probably has to do with my voltages but (running 1.3v right now) this is my first oc so am not real sure what else it could be. Any advice as far as good places to go and what are your voltages?
                  |TG-Irr|Avengingllama

Comment

No it's not your voltage, I'm running a 680i, the motherboards with an nvidia based chipset has "FSB holes" which means no matter what voltage you give it, it will not be stable. Try going a little past that spot, or try lowering your multiplier and going past it. Just make sure you do not go over 1.3625v. TJmax on these is 105c by the way, but it is suggested to stay under 70c. Try...

1.3625 v cpu (start with this and lower once you get to a stable spot.)
                    1.3v FSB
                    whatever your ram is suppose to have
                    1.35v mch
                    1.5 spp

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...