Gaming Mouse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaming Mouse

Well my conundrum is I can't wait for this thing that Bamboo posted about, my left click has finally given in on my Copperhead. Now I can't decide between:

Lachesis

G9

Sidewinder X8 with BlueTrack

Have to say, I am tempted by all, the Razer for the fact that I will adjust quickly. But I like the LCDs on the others to show me my DPI, something I have always wanted on my copperhead. Wireless is a nice thought, BUT only if it lasts and is rechargable. So that means the X8 is an option. G9 is tried and tested....

However, something has me leaning to the X8 real bad.....

Opinions? Anyone have one?

Re: Gaming Mouse

I have a G9 and I love it and have no problems with it. Changing DPI settings on the fly is so extremely useful. I use it a lot when I'm switching between zoom settings in tanks/apcs.
    It also has different profiles, but I havent felt the need to use them.
    sigpic
    I'm Back.

Comment

I replaced a Copperhead with a Lachesis and while I really like my new mouse, the Copperhead was a lot more comfortable to use. The Lachesis doesn't have the soft rubber light up ring around it and it doesn't feel nearly as nice as it does in your hand as the Copperhead. If I were you, I'd probably go for the G9.
      sigpic

Comment

I have the X8 and am pretty satisfied with it. I liked my old MX900 better for the form factor and the buttons. I'm not a big fan of the horizontal clicks on the mouse wheel. It's a bit awkward to use because I'm not really used to it. The horizontal scrolling isn't really that useful either because of high desktop resolutions.

The wireless response is really great. Although, I never noticed lag with the MX900 either. The transmitter is a nice upgrade because after a while my MX900 stopped charging in the cradle and I had to start swapping batteries. Battery life is great and needs charging about once a week with 1 AA battery. This is a huge improvement over my MX900 that needed charging every day near its end of life and almost every other day when new with 2 AA's. It also has a power switch that is pretty handy when transporting your mouse.

The X8 doesn't have many buttons that you can program. This is disappointing since I don't need 3 sensitivity adjustment buttons. I barely need 2 settings. I wish those buttons could be programmed. The macro record button is just plain useless but I guess some people like recording stuff for later use. There's supposed to be a way to program a button to do 180 turns but I never figured it out and I don't really care. There's a "Microsoft Game" button or something. It's supposed to open up the Games Explorer in Vista but that worked once. I read some trick to disable it, tried it and it never worked even after trying to reactivate the button. Oh well, I hate the Games Explorer anyway. What a useless button.

I'd probably buy the X8 again knowing this. It's really the closest mouse I could find for comfort since those new wireless Logitech ones are a completely different shape than the good ol' MX series. I just wish there were more mice with better placed programmable buttons.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Have had my G9 for over a year now, and am more than satisfied with it. On the fly sensitivity changing is nice, and the profiles are great if you have different setups for different applications. Comfort is good, and the setpoint software is great for all kinds of customization of the mouse itself. I just wish they put out more than 3 grips, even though I'm fairly happy with the smaller, rough grip. Overall, I can't say I've found a mouse I like better. The G5 was the closest. Might wanna look into that? More of a larger, palm grip.
          It's Gaming
          Proud to have been a member of the 55th Infantry Division!

Comment

I'm very happy with my Logitech MX518, and at $40 it is a good price. I actually paid like $30 when it was on sale. I like the way it fits in your hand, and along with the mouse pad I use my hand never gets tired. I got a cheap mousepad that has some kind of big jelly pad to rest your wrist on.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I'd say pick up a Razer Deathadder. It's the most comfortable mouse from Razer I've used. Tracking is great but DPI switching is a pain as the button is on the bottom. I never use it anyways so it doesn't bother me.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

So I went and ordered a X8, the technology looks good, the charge is more than enough, and the thought of a wireless gaming grade mouse that lives up to the hype is enough to sell me. Hope to have it by tomorrow, depending on delivery! Shall keep you updated.....

Comment

Just for the record, the X8 is the best mouse I have ever owned! I love the wireless freedom and the lag free twitching I can do!

Comment

I was satisfied with my old G7 and am still happy with my newish MX1100, even if neither is on your consideration list.
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I have the G9 and love it.
                      Hurtz sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
                        I'm very happy with my Logitech MX518, and at $40 it is a good price. I actually paid like $30 when it was on sale. I like the way it fits in your hand, and along with the mouse pad I use my hand never gets tired. I got a cheap mousepad that has some kind of big jelly pad to rest your wrist on.
                        Been using this mouse for about 2 years. MX518 all the way. Wired!
                        Skud

Comment

Do you hold your mouse with your palm or your fingers? It makes a big difference to what kind of mouses feel comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie View Post
                            Do you hold your mouse with your palm or your fingers? It makes a big difference to what kind of mouses feel comfortable.
                            Razer has a pretty good article on the different handling types people use to handle their mice (as off as that sounds). I fall between the claw and the full-palm (aka fingertips with palm slightly off usually and movement with wrist rather than forearm).
                            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I bought a Razer Mamba and never been so satisfied with a wireless mouse!. The thing is awesome for precision work and is even better for gaming. I have several of the MS mice as well as a couple different Razers, but this one is the best so far..
                              "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X