Looking For A Gaming Laptop to serve its purpose

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For A Gaming Laptop to serve its purpose

Im looking for the perfect laptop for my money that I could be able to carry around with me on deployments and so forth. The Alienware m17x proved to be too much for me since im only gonna be playing BF2:PR and ArmA2. I was lookin into the Gateway P-7809u FX Edition, I can later upgrade the CPU to a Intel Core 2 Duo T9600 2.8GHz 6MB on this laptop to make it more powerful. I would also have a Logitech G5 mouse. If anyone has any competitors, feel free to present them to me

Re: Looking For A Gaming Laptop to serve its purpose

The solution would also be good for TG'ers who want to get together for an informal LAN.

My last laptop, purchased almost 10 years ago, was specifically so I could play Tribes 2 at a small LAN in Virginia. (It was a TON of fun seeing all my teammates from around the country. We played together in a hotel auditorium while a 'caster narrated the play on the big screen up front. We could barely shoot we were all laughing so much at his commentary.)

It's really amazing how far laptops have come for gamers these days. My old laptop could barely handle T2 with a cutting edge nVidia chip of its time. The new stuff looks very capable in comparison.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
      The solution would also be good for TG'ers who want to get together for an informal LAN.

My last laptop, purchased almost 10 years ago, was specifically so I could play Tribes 2 at a small LAN in Virginia. (It was a TON of fun seeing all my teammates from around the country. We played together in a hotel auditorium while a 'caster narrated the play on the big screen up front. We could barely shoot we were all laughing so much at his commentary.)

It's really amazing how far laptops have come for gamers these days. My old laptop could barely handle T2 with a cutting edge nVidia chip of its time. The new stuff looks very capable in comparison.
      :)

Comment

You might also take a look at ASUS laptops. They are offering some really good gaming laptops for around $1200 to $1300 with the newer series of Mobile graphics cards. They have other options +/- from there also. Can view most of them on Newegg.com
        |TG-12th| Sawviper

Comment

I have an Msi GT 725, pretty decent for the price but it struggles with arma 2. The quad core version is very fast in general though and it plays PR easily.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X