Resolution Resets Why?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resolution Resets Why?

After installing nV driver 190.83, my desktop resolution keeps changing from 1280 x 1024 to 800 x 600 every time I cold boot or restart my system. Anyone else experience this? Does switching back to 186.18 solve the issue?

I've tried looking through the nV forums, but none of the threads seem to even relate or describe my issue.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: Resolution Resets Why?

I had MASSIVE problems with the 190.38 drivers. Kept corrupting my nv4.dll file. I wiped windows and installed the 190.56 so hopefully it's fixed.

I'd go down a version and see if the issue resolves itself. Make sure you clean up the crap the driver uninstaller leaves behind!

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

I always run the driver cleaner pro in safe mode after uninstalling a video driver. It gets all the stuff the uninstaller misses in the registry and on the hdd. Then boot into normal mode and install the new one. It could just be the new driver though.
      Hurtz sigpic

Comment

All right. I'll boot into Safe Mode Friday and clean out 190.38 and put 186.18 (or is it 81?) back on. I can't stand my resolution getting reset on me. I'm losing faith in nVidia quite quickly, so my next card might be a ATI one assuming their drivers aren't as painful to have.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

How come i posted this EXACT same problem a week ago and got no responses....
          |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir-Nerd View Post
            How come i posted this EXACT same problem a week ago and got no responses....
            Uh, weird, I thought you did get responses to yours? I just was too lazy to look back for your post.
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X