Battlefield Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield Questions

Hey everybody, my name is Adam. I'm a newb here so be gentle. Lol. I have a two part question about battlefield...

1. Are there any game controllers you guys would recommend for the PC version of battlefield2?

2. I have been trying like a mofo to get the damn VOIP to recognize my headset(s) and still can't get it to work. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, how did you fix it?

Re: Battlefield Questions

Welcome to TG.

Keyboard and mouse have always served me well. To help with the headset, we'll need to know more about it and your comp. setup.

Comment

Adam welcome to the forums.

I have Nostromo n52 game pad that I use for gaming. I don't play without it.
      The Old Guy
      kin3
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kin3 View Post
        Adam welcome to the forums.

I have Nostromo n52 game pad that I use for gaming. I don't play without it.
        Seconded. I will say, the Nostromo is NOT a controller, it is a game pad. Personally, I think FPSs play better with a mouse and keyboard. I would give that setup time before upping to a controller or a gamepad.

Comment

I use an Belkin n52te, G5 and a G15, my headset is just a standard logitech one you get free with some webcams, very basic, but it does the job, cost about 10 bucks to buy on it's own, and it is not usb.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMojay View Post
            I use an Belkin n52te, G5 and a G15, my headset is just a standard logitech one you get free with some webcams, very basic, but it does the job, cost about 10 bucks to buy on it's own, and it is not usb.
            To translate:

n52te is a game pad
            G5 is a Logitech gaming grade mouse
            G15 is a Logitech gaming grade keyboard

You are going to find that 99.9% of the people here use a keyboard/gampad and mouse for FPS games. No game controller is ever going to match it for response and accuracy. It's not intuitive when you're used to a PS or xbox controller, but stick with it and you'll get the hang of it.

And welcome to TG.
            |TG|Melee
            Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

i use the n52/g5/g15 setup as well.

So you're not confused, the n52 is awesome, but it's really mostly a reorganized keyboard. There's a dpad on the side, but almost no one (I think) uses that to move. That's not to say it's not superuseful as easy to access extra buttons though!

There are many advantages of PC games over console, but the mouse is a HUGE one. Console games often have the default option as autoaim on. PC games usually don't even give you an autoaim option. That's because the mouse is just so precise.

I use an expensive 50-60 dollar mouse, but even one of those $5 mini laptop mice will give you and advantage over using something comparable to an XBOX360/PS3 controller.
              --
              So my advice if you want to spend some cash on peripherals is to (a) make sure you have a headset (b) make sure you have an optical mouse at the worst or a laser mouse at the best.

If you're still hankering to spend some cash on it, the n52 is amazing.

Frankly, I don't think the g15 I bought was worth the money. I do use the macro keys some (mostly for Teamspeak functions), and I like the LCD as I have it display Teamspeak information so I always know who's talking when I'm in a game. But I think it's really a keyboard better suited for a MMORPG or something.

Comment

Keyboard + Mouse is the best way to go for any PC FPS title. I currently use a Razer Diamondback and a G15 keyboard. I have to agree with Zoraster about the G15 being more of a MMORPG keyboard though as I don't use the macros too much but if you can find it on sale like I did ($40 off :D) then it's really worth it even if you never touch the macro keys.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
                In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X